10. "ʏᴇᴀʜ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴀᴛɪɴɢ."

Oikawa woke up to the familiar tingling sensation on his right wrist, and an empty feeling in his chest.

He ignored the new lie, subconsciously wondering how his soulmate told a lie so early in the day, and turned to tell his Iwa-chan good morning, but the spiky-haired boy was already gone.

The blanket he had given the male was neatly folded and topped off with the pillow. On top of the stack was a note.

He slowly crawled out of bed and made way towards the futon. Picking up the note, he squinted his eyes at the pointy handwriting and managed to figure out the words.

"I'm meeting with Akaashi this morning. See you at school. Take care of yourself."
                      - Iwaizumi

It took a minute for the words to register in his brain. He still felt drowsy despite sleeping so well the night before. As he yawned, he lifted up his wrist so he could see the new lie.

"I don't like Oikawa."

He blinked.

Huh?

Oikawa closed his eyes and reopened them a moment later. Is this a joke? He wondered. Taking a deep breath, he rubbed at the words just to make sure.

But it's a lie, so he doesn't mean it, he reassured himself. But why would he say that...

His thoughts trailed off as he felt his heart throb. Why would Iwa-chan say that? What if he really doesn't like me?

But it's a lie, otherwise it wouldn't have shown up on my skin, he countered.

Still, isn't every lie based off of some truth? What if Iwa-chan doesn't like me but instead he hates me?

Oikawa violently shook his head, getting rid of the negative thoughts that plagued his mind.

But he can't help the anxious feeling inside of him. The terrible fear that Iwaizumi doesn't like him. That the spiky-haired boy will never like him.

His own parents didn't want him, why would his soulmate want him?

He swallowed dryly and crumpled the note in his hands. The throbbing in his heart didn't stop as he reached a conclusion.

Oikawa lowered himself onto the futon, leaning against the folded blanket. The smell of Iwaizumi filled his nostrils as he took a deep breath.

Despite the ache he felt in his chest, he couldn't deny the feelings that had formed for his soulmate.

But he can push those feelings aside for now.

Although it was part of the plan, waiting for Oikawa to make a move was really testing Iwaizumi's patience.

That Shittykawa hasn't talked to him the whole day, and it was already almost lunch. He didn't want to admit it, but he always looked forward to when Oikawa would talk to him in between class periods. Even if it was short, and even if he always acted like he didn't want to talk.

But as he stared at the classroom door, waiting for the familiar poke of the brunette's head in, he found himself disappointed hour after hour.

He narrowed his eyes and began tapping at his desk impatiently. That Shittykawa's avoiding him. Sighing deeply, he shut his eyes and started to think of any reasons as to why Oikawa was suddenly ignoring him again—

Every Little Lie | IwaOiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें