Part 19: Coming back home and parting again

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"Ok, Father."

I left his office. 

So I had to find a squad that would help me with the plan. 

"Why were you in Father's room?" 

"Onii-sama. I'm going to be away for a few days. I will go to the south to help out the people suffering from the drought." I said while looking around.
Tasha, the spy sent from Ivy, wasn't anywhere here. I couldn't sense her mana around where we were talking. 

"But isn't it dangerous?" Onii-sama looked worried for me. 

Everybody knew that the south contained a lot of bandits and thieves. There were even signs of human trafficking. 

"Don't worry, I'll be safe. I'm strong, Onii-sama. Please don't underestimate me." 

He looked down. He knew that I was strong, it looks like he can't stop worrying. It felt nice that he was caring for me. 

 "Alright. I will be going." I said after a few days of planning for the trip.

"But before that," I stood up on the tip of my toes, "Do be careful of the new maid." I whispered into my Onii-sama's ears.

He smiled and nodded his head. 

His acting was perfect. It looked as if I told him a cute, little comment. 

Onii-sama was smart, so he understood right away. It would be impossible for him to not investigate this matter after being told a warning by his little sister. 

                                                                    ***

"When are we going to arrive? This is so boring." A knight name Christiana yawned while sitting next to me. She was a strong knight that was part of the squad brought with me to help the drought. 

"Soon. We are passing a mountain right now." I said while examining the map. 

The carriage was going pretty fast. There were 3 carriages, and each brought some materials. 

If this trip was a success, then I would be only staying there for a week or so. 

A envoy was sent to the south before the trip to inform the people of our arrival. We would be staying at a inn. 

When we arrived and unpacked, we decided to split up in groups and walk around the town we were working at to get a better hang of the land. 

I decided to go with Christiana. 

"This town's food if pwetty gwood." She said as she stuffed a few cheese-filled buns in her mouth. 

"Are you Roselyn from the Duke's house?" A young shop caretaker asked me as I bought a nice fountain pen and a few packaged snacks to eat. 

"Yes. May I ask how the droughts been and how it has affected your family?" I asked the lady.

"Well, it's been taking for a worse turn recently. Our planted vegetables isn't really affected yet, but soon we'll have reduce the rations. We have already stored water, but the amount is decreasing significantly. And I recently heard that a farmer who worked extra outside fainted due to the heat." The lady looked down.

"Mommy, is she going to help us?" A boy by her side asked. 

"Yes, yes. Now go and play with your toys." She let go of the boy and he ran inside a room in the back of the store. 

I left the store with Christiana. 

"So, what exactly are we going to do, Princess?" She said, then opened the pack of snacks.

"I thought I explained before we left." I told her. 

"Mhhmmm." She ate a few cookies. 

I looked down. How did she manage to stay so skinny while eating like a pig? Was this because she trained a lot? She didn't seem as if she had a lot of muscles because of her skinny figure. And on top of that, she was rather lazy when you had a choice of helping or not.

I figured that this went with the un-realistic game.  People were monstrously strong even without muscles seen on them. And they never gained weight most of the time, no matter what.

We spent the whole day walking around the village and learning about how the drought worked. 

Apparently to our calculations, it was because of the river who supplied them with water was drying up. 

"Why don't we visit the river tomorrow? Cause we agreed to go back at this time. We're going to have dinner at the Inn." She looked at her pocket watch. 

You're thinking about dinner even after eating that amount of food?! But the sun was starting to set.

"Alright. We'll start with fixing the drought tomorrow." I said as we headed towards the Inn to rest for the night. 

The villainess will survive!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें