Part 70: Explanation

"What exactly is your goal, Elijah? Why exactly did you form a contract with me, it certainly wasn't to make your name known on the world again. From what I see, you don't give a damn about whether people acknowledge your achievements or not. You clearly came here for something else." 

"And you seem to can only access the world when I call you, so this part of the contract clearly allows you to accomplish your goals." 

"And about what Onii-sama was talking about, you're the God of Space and Time, aren't you? You can't know nothing about it. After all, it was time reversal." 

Elijah stayed silent for a while without speaking, only observing my face. 

I was really suspicious of Elijah, but I still didn't have a clear idea on his motives. 

"....It wasn't actually time reversal. I just tried my best to imitate that world and created this space. Although, mishaps are easy to happen with such a complicated and high-tier spell, and it seemed that your soul accidentally wandered in Roselyn's body." 

"....So you decided to watch me like this?" 

"Yes, as long as you didn't create too much trouble in the world with your outworldly knowledge." 

"And was Onii-sama lied to about this being a time reversal spell?" 

"The spell he found was a spell that would summon me, but to reverse something that has already been done is impossible. So I tried my best and created this space....." 

"So you did lie to him about it." 

Would my brother be heartbroken to hear that him trying to redo things in this new life was actually a whole sham? 

That he was dumped into a mirror world so that he could start over again?

That the otome world that stayed on track was actually still burning up, while he got moved to another world? 

But if the original's souls got moved to this space, then would that mean the other world didn't exist anymore?

I felt anger, but I was very aware that this matter was to not be told to him. 

"Also, is that Roselyn's soul in this world? If she's not in my body, then where is she?" 

Onii-sama couldn't be wrong, he was the one who grew up with the villainess.

"Didn't your brother already tell you that?", Elijah replied seamlessly. 

"...Then what about the real Ivy's?"

Elijah looked away to think for a moment, then turned to me. 

"Actually, that's one of the things I made the contract for. First, to observe everything in case something goes wrong. Second, to find the jumbled up souls since you got put in Roselyn's body." 

He then adds, "I can't interfere with the mortal realm without the contract, Roselyn."

I nod knowing I have some power, because I can cancel this contract anytime I want to. 

But I'm not petty enough to do cut it off, although I am a bit angry at Elijah for lying to Onii-sama like that. 

I turned my head to look at Elijah once more, but he had already disappeared into thin air. 

Instead, a smiling face greeted me instead, the exact one I saw in the courtroom. 

"Your Highness, why haven't you left?", I outright asked. 

I wasn't in the mood for courtesy, not even to the Crown Prince.

While my tone was polite, the words were not chosen very gracefully and were quite rude.