Chapter 4; Aptitude

Chapter four"Aptitude: A natural ability or skill

Chapter four
"Aptitude: A natural ability or skill."
#StopIslamophobia
___________________

I'M in desperate need to get out of here, turns out that there were no events but just some simple speeches about how their companies are doing and blah blah blah, like as if I care. I'm only here because of two bastards and I don't need to know the insignificant things about business successes because I have partial interest in it other than my father forcing me to do it. I sighed, stood up from my seat quietly so no one notices I'm gone again and called planned on calling my driver or someone.

Seriously out of all the people the only who's contact is available right now is the man who's the cause of this torturous night, I threw my hands up in the air in frustration and held back to cuss out loudly after receiving weird looks from passengers.

I am so done with this, I walked over to where Joshua was seated at and before I could even reach him about a meter or so someone grabbed my arm and yanked me to the side, muffling my screams. "Quiet!" A man whispered and he turned to face me and I gasped, "Why are you here?!" I asked in a tone of shock as he let go of me and avoided my questions. "I'm not supposed to be here." This made my eyebrows furrow at The sentence and I scrunched up my nose for answers while still holding my gaze on him intently. I guess he seemed to have sense my mood and sighed. "It's a long story but I should be asking you the same question, lady!"

"Yah! I'm a guest here and for all I know it's all because of my father and—"

"Wait you're one of these people?" He asked and scoffed slightly, shaking his head in way that made me groan and cross my arms. "No, I do have a higher position than most of them but I am not trash." He let out a chuckle and his eyes crinkled making them disappear. I raised my eyebrows and he shrugged, "good to know...because after all, these people are nothing but leeches."

Finally someone who understands my logic.

"Tell me about it." I answered back and we both remained silent afterwards and watched as everyone else started flaunting they're wealth and rubbing it in in their friends faces, what type of friendship is that? Dang the toxicity is extreme here and I'm not even kidding like the poor waiters are out of nowhere being bashed for their low income and things that only dumb stupid people with money privileges say. "I can't believe they even exist." I nodded but remembered something so I turned my head around and nudged his shoulder, he turned his attention on me and motioned for me to continue.

"May I ask if your also one with high status and wealth but with a same logical sense as me?"

"On the contrary I am not really I guess but I do have to say that I was the supposed new VIP guest because of my rising fame of being the new CEO loved by the public instantly after the takeover apparently. Hate to say but the actual truth is Im just the CEO of the Lee company." My eyes widened and I suddenly gasped at him, "You're the hot shot they're talking about nowadays! I guess I just heard about you today lol sorry."

"It's fine." He smiled and pursed his lips out and made a funny face while asking me a stupid question, "so lady it looks like you owe me date, huh?" I snorted, "yeah right, since when."

He took out his phone and I don't what he did but my voice was definitely in the hearing and he basically played a sound recording of the first meeting we met and when he said that I owed him a date because he'd help me find my rear mirror. I stopped him and held my hand up, "but you didn't find it, stupid." A smirk crept up to his face and I had a bad feeling about it. He grabbed my hand and led me to the entrance where dozens of expensive cars were parked there and stopped at a dark blue BMW. He unlocked the car and opened the door and the first thing I saw was the rear mirror that had been basically screwed apart.

"I found that your car had a camera on it, how I know that well it's obvious it was right there and I took it while we were talking, went home and checked it and found the culprit. I tracked the culprit and viola! It was on sale on the black market for 1 billion won. What a rip off tho." At this point I was questioning what this man was capable of and if should fear for my life or just be chill about it, he noticed my silent reaction and tapped my shoulder.

"Well you owe me, lady."

"How do I know that you're not gonna end up killing me—I mean I wouldn't object but still huh?" I asked and looked him straight in the eye and he chuckled loudly, clapping his hands as if something was funny maybe for him but not for me. "How about we meet up this Sunday for a brunch to discuss our expected partnership, Y/N fujioka?"

"Wait ho—"

"I found out when I realized how similar you look to your old man and my dad is if I remember correctly an old pal of yours and also how would I not know the bank account with all informations about you just by your family name about the purchase of your car in order to track down the culprit." He laughed and I smiled, totally unexpected but for some reason I felt at ease knowing that he wasn't some freak that could've ended my life. Like I said i wouldn't mind but just to be sure.

I thanked him and patted his shoulder, he smiled which stretches from ear to ear causing me to giggle at how ridiculous he looked.

"But I still don't know your name other than lee."

"Chan, Lee Chan." He introduced, extending his hand out and I happily shook his hand before he suddenly started to squeeze my hand tightly making me yelp in pain. I pinched his cheek with my unoccupied hand he lets go of me in hurry to get rid out the stinging pain. Serves you right idiot.

———
4