Epilogue P3: The Book of Love

I wrote a wedding chapter and it doesn't feel that wedding-ly SO I APOLOGISE. But also i'm tired so have mercy on me :')

Also the art later on this chapter is by Bright_stars_45.

They have amazing wedding Bokuaka content so go check it out if you're deprived and thirsty like me~

.

.

.

Morning is weird in its own ways, and especially surreal when Akaashi wakes so early. The world is as silent as if it had ended in the night.

His body feels heavy, the sleeplessness pulling at his limbs as if he were only a sack of flour incapable of moving.

His eyes bat open only to fall closed once again with the heady need to be pulled back into his dreams.

Somewhere more light-hearted. Somewhere he doesn’t have to deal with the morning after.

Because of course it all comes rushing back; The day beforehand with all it’s less than nothing niceties.

Bokuto...oh Bokuto.

Akaashi’s eyes flickered open again. The coolness of the early morning is deceptive.

The sun has already risen as he can through a slice of light falling from a gap in the curtains.

That same trail of light falls across his body, trailing up to fall across Bokuto’s cheek who is lying, face towards him.

In the wash of light, he looks so innocent. It brings him to focus on all the small details.

Akaashi couldn’t help himself as he slipped a hand up the mattress, pulling it from beneath the blanket to roll his thumb over Bokuto’s cheekbone, the angular jaw, expressive brows, the pout that was carried on even in sleep.

He loved Bokuto, the warmth of who he was, the gentleness and softness to his actions behind all of the commotion and excitement that was his personality.

Suddenly a loud ringing noise disrupted the silence.

This time he knew not to panic about waking Bokuto, being the heavy sleeper he was.

He pushed himself up with much effort and reached for the offensively blaring phone on the nightstand showing Kuroo’s photo.

As soon as he pressed the accept button, he regretted it.

“Okay, I HATE the concept of dust. There is absolutely no reason for something to get dirty because nothing touched it. Bullshit, this is bullsh-”.

Akaashi promptly hung up.

He fell back onto the mattress, basking in the few seconds of silence that came before the phone started ringing again.

This time he waited more than a while to answer it.

"I always forget you’re not a morning person. I shouldn’t have started off with that. But really I am going through a dilemma so don’t hang up!!!” Kuroo demanded, childishly.

Akaashi reluctantly pulled his thumb away from where it was hovering over the end call button.

“Fine, what’s up?”. Akaashi’s voice crackled from disuse.