Chapter 6 - Life is hard

(Art by Amezure)

.

.

.

"Hit me up, bartender?" Kuroo grinned guiltily at Bokuto.

"Oh, hey it's you, rat boy!" Bokuto exclaimed, happily.

If Akaashi weren't so exceedingly mad at the moment, he thought he might laugh. He did however smile. It bordered on a delirious smirk.

Kuroo blinked and turned sideways to look confoundedly at Akaashi.

"He just called me a rat," Kuroo stated.

"You see why I like him so much" Akaashi cocked an eyebrow, his grin sloping to one side and revealing a show of teeth. Much like Kuroos' cocky smiles.

"You do!?" Bokutos cheeks crept with red. "I really like you too, Kaashi!" he grinned, obviously embarrassed.

Akaashi softly smiled back.

And that was a lot to unpack. But the haunting fact was that Kuroo was there and he had no intention to stop his cruise ship from ruining everything in its way.

Including Akaashis...well...he didn't want to use these words but his budding romance.

Someone who he really liked. It was as if they had clicked somehow. It was so easy, so relaxing, so interesting when talking to Bokuto.

He had never found anyone like that before. At least well not someone who he was also romantically interested in as well. Sorry, Kuroo. Or not sorry Kuroo, the bastard.

Kuroo meekly touched a hand to his face and then patted down his chest with a pout.

"Damn I know I didn't prepare to come out tonight, but do I look that bad?".

"Yes" was Akaashis knee jerk response.

"No, no, no, ratatouille!" Bokuto interjected. He waved a few times dismissively in front of his chest, his head shaking side to side.

"Ohhh" Kuroo popped his lips and looked down at the bar as realization struck him.

"I actually re-watched that movie straight after our conversation last night!" he looked back at Bokuto, excitedly.

"Bro, really!?" Bokuto exclaimed.

"Bro, yes!".

Akaashis brain slowly tuned out of the conversation after an excited squeal from Bokuto, and he reached deep into his pockets, bringing out his phone.

His fingers tapped over his keyboard, monotonously. He angled himself away from the two talking.

Akaashi goes sicko mode:
Do you know where your boyfriend is tonight?

Applepi:
In the arms of another man if I'm correct

(Akaashi goes sicko mode changed their name to Akaashi)

Akaashi:
He's being his usual pain in the ass Kuroo self. He canceled his date and is now ruining mine. Come get him, please?

(Applepi changed Akaashi's name to Akaashi goes sicko mode)

Applepi:
Sounds like too much work. Tell him I said hi

Akaashi goes sicko mode:
Kenma, I have never wanted anything so badly in my life

Applepi:
I'm in the middle of a live stream

Akaashi goes sicko mode:
I'll buy you a pizza