Chapter 4 - Neon Waves

YES I CHANGED THE TITLE. ITS THE LAST TIME I SWEARRR D;

.

.

.

"What!" Kuroo gasps.

His face is flushed, cheeks candy apple red as he sits upside down on the couch.

His feet swing absentmindedly in the air and Akaashi is careful to watch them from where he's seated on the floor in front of Kuroo.

"You met the bartender again!" he whoops.

"I had so many cherries I couldn't keep count" Akaashi shakes his head, gravely.

"Ah like one of those people in the math books that have those impossible situations, like buying twenty-five watermelons" Kuroo narrows his eyes and nods thoughtfully.

"And I didn't get his number, again" Akaashi sighs, nudging his foot against the side of the couch, subconsciously.

"Bartenders number?" Kuroo asks.

"Bokuto" Akaashi corrects, peering up at him.

"No, no it's good, you guys have this little game going on of meeting at a club, bar, whatever, all mysterious and having these one night conversations and then you flee off into the night" Kuroo gushes, holding his hands to his face.

"Like the villain who killed bat-mans parents..." he mumbled.

"I shouldn't have introduced you to the DC universe" Kuroo shakes his head, sorrowfully.

"But while we're at it, who's your favorite?".

"Iron man" he says without hesitance.

"Akaashi...that's marvel" Kuroo slaps a hand over his face.

"Well anyways, i'm supposedly going back tonight" Akaashi shrugs.

"Eh? You mean the client who booked you this evening is letting you choose the place. Lucky" Kuroo clicks his tongue.

"I haven't seen who it is yet actually" Akaashi furrows his brows, and he digs around in his pocket.

When he produces his phone from his jacket, Kuroo is quick to snatch it.

"Lemme see, lemme see" Kuroo falls to his side on the couch and scrambles to sit up properly.

"Oh fuck" Kuroo grabs at his head with his free hand.

"All the blood is rushing away from my head...or to my head...something to do with my head" he groans.

Akaashi tersely pats his knee twice.
"That's great buddy, now tell me who it is".

Kuroo peers up with alarming surprise.

"You just called me buddy".

"Kuroo" Akaashi says, this time more sternly.

"Right, let's have a lookie" Kuroo mumbles as he pulls up the schedule.

Akaashi is quick to fiddle with the ends of his sleeves. What if it wasn't Bokuto, what if it was a client who knew what they wanted.

How would he tell Bokuto that he wasn't coming. Surely it wouldn't be that much of a disappointment, he'd be working anyway.

"Ohoho" Kuroo snickers, eyes trained on the phone.