chapter two

"Who returns home the fastest from this portal wins alright?" she asked Seo-Jun, grinning. He grinned back, patting her on the back. "Good luck, Villareal. You'll need it." she rolled her eyes, laughing.
"May the best spellcaster win the race!"
The breeze blew in their faces, fresh air going in and out of their systems. The two reached the house, Seo-Jun winning the race. She came in, panting. He grinned at the panting redhead, "What took you so long?" she laughed. "Hey I wasn't that much further than you!"
"Sure, Villareal..Sure."
Fran yawned, noticing that Raven had returned. He rubbed his eyes, "Raven? Who is that dude next to you?"
"Oh Seo-Jun? Didn't I tell you he was the one who set himself on fire?"she replied.
"Ah him, and why is he here?"
Seo-Jun remained silent, looking down.
"He's going to live here!" she smiled, pulling Seo-Jun closer. He smiled awkwardly and waved.
"Oh hi- Mr. Villareal!" Seo-Jun took a deep breath, almost tripping over.
"Please, call me Fran." Fran grinned. "So,Raven. Is this your boyfriend?"
Raven shook her head, "Nah, he's just my best friend."
Fran looked suspicious,"Just your best friend huh? We'll see."
"Come on, I'll show you where we'll sleep!" she whispered to Seo-Jun.
"We?" he looked confused.
"Of course, SJ! You know you're not sleeping on the couch, right?"
He shrugged, "I'll take the couch if it's too uncomfortable for you."
She shook her head,"I'm sure we'll manage, a little awkward or not.. We also have to sleep in the same bed since Dad sold the single beds for a pretty good budget." she frowned.
"It's okay, like you said, we'll manage."
She smiled and grabbed his arm up the stairs. He yelped, rubbing his arm. She grinned, "I didn't know that you are that sensitive Kim!"
"I am not!"
"Shut up, you are. End of story." she said, knowing he would never fight her back.
"Fine." he sighed, sitting down on their bed.
She sat down next to him, putting her head on his shoulder. "You okay?" he asked.
"Yeah?" she replied, laughing. "I'm just glad you're here."
He grinned,"Well I'm glad to know that, because I didn't think you can handle me!"
"Oh really?" she grinned back,feeling her stomach. "Well I'm hungry. Let's go get some food."
"Mac and cheese?" he asked.
"How do you know me so well-" she said,surprised.
"I guess just knowing you for five years pays off." he told her proudly.
She raised an eyebrow,"Have we really known each other for that long?"
He nodded. "Come on, let's get some food. You said you were hungry right?"
She nodded,"But you being here with me is better than eating... " she said quietly.
"What did you say?" he questioned her.
"Nothing!"
"I'm sure I heard something."
"Nah you just thought so!"
"I know I heard something, Raven. Don't lie to me,please."
She sighed, "Fine. I just prefer your company over food.."
He blinked, "You- you do? I-"
She took a deep breath,"I know, I know. It's weird... I just- nevermind.."
He seemed interested,"Go on, I'm listening. I'm not going anywhere.. "
Raven looked down,"Well, I don't know how to explain.. I just- I just feel like I feel more for you than a friend.."
Fran, who had been listening in to their conversation peaked in,"Ha! I knew it!"
They both looked at Fran, confused.
Fran grinned,"I knew you two had something between you!"
Raven gulped,"No.. There was nothing!"
Seo-Jun agreed, nodding. Fran sighed, "When will you stop lying?"
"I'm not lying, Dad!" she yelled.
"No yelling." Fran grinned. "You said you were hungry. Let's get some food! Your favourite, Raven! Drumroll please!"
Fran made drumroll noises and Seo-Jun asked,"Mac and cheese?"
Fran glared,looking surprised, "NO it's PIZZA! Do you even know my daughter at all?"
"Actually," Raven cut in, chuckling. "Seo-Jun is correct. Mac and cheese is my favourite food."
"WHAT! SINCE WHEN- I-" Fran was taken aback in shock.
"Dad calm down!"
"Okay, I'll calm down." Fran said, calming down a little. "Enough with the drama, we have some mac and cheese to make!"