Departure

Yui was taking a walk outside after having been awoken by the chest pains. She didn't understand why they were happening but they seemed to be getting worse everyday. She would be lying if she said they didn't scare her, they meant that something was wrong with her and she didn't know what. After walking by the pond for a while she came across an old stone structurs. When she heard something from inside she hesitated before taking a few cautious steps towards the dark entrance. She let out a yelp when a couple of bats came out and started flying around her head. Swatting at them, she yelled for them to go away before they did just that.

"Oh, be quiet," an all too familiar male said from inside.

"Shu?" Yui called as she walked inside. Leaning against a stone bench with legs across it was Shu as he read something with Sakura asleep in his lap. One hand was holding his book up while the other was caressing the girl's hair.

"Do you need something?" he questioned, not taking his eyes off his book. In all honesty he could care less about what she needed but the sooner she whined about what she needed the quicker she would leave.

"I...um..." she stuttered. "Something has been wrong with me lately. I can hear the voice of a women who isn't there and I feel unsteady. I just don't feel like myself."

Unbestknown to the two Sakura's eyes opened and she observed the blonde quietly. "Really?" Shu muttered. His eyes slowly moved from his book to Yui's figure as he observed her for a little bit. After a few moments of silence he spoke. "Your scent has changed, it's gotten stronger and is even more repulsing. The awakening must be at hand."

"The awakening? What is that?"

"No sacrificial bride has survived this far for the awakening to occur," Sakura said as she sat up in Shu's lap. The vampire dropped his book on the ground and wrapped his arms around his other half, making sure that she can't move away from her. "We're not all to sure of what it exactly is only that it happens after a bride has been for a long time." On the outside Sakura seemed to be her usual bored, tired, lazy self but on the inside her thoughts were everywhere. About time. Now hopefully Karlheinz will stop bothering us about it. But then she remembered how Rin told her about Richter doing something to maifest it. That's right. All we know is that he did something that we don't know about. What a pain.

"Shu, Sakura, can you tell me the real reason why I was sent here?" Yui asked, determined to know the truth. She began to panick when the two stood up with Shu's arms still wrapped around Sakura's waist. "Does my father have special connnections with your family?"

The two were silent for a few moments before Shu's attention was brought to the entrance of the building. "He'll be able to tell you what you want to know." Yui was confused as to who he was talking about when he spoke again. "Come out, we know you're there."

The sound of footsteps echoes on the cement as the Richter walked in. "You always have been very perceptive," he said. He then turned his attention to Sakura. "I see you are as beautiful as ever Sakura. You look as if you could be Beatrix's own daughter." Sakura said nothing as she glared at the male as Shu tightened his grip on her.

"E-excuse me but who are you?" Yui asked as she stood up.

"This is Richter our uncle," Shu answere. Slowly bending down he picked up his book and held Sakura possessively at his side as the two walked by Richter and out of the old building.

With the two now alone Richter put on a small smile and walked up to the sacrificial bride. "I aplogize for my nephews poor manners. I try to smarten them up but it never seems to work. As for the girls they have always been more well behaved so I will assume that they have treated you good. Now what is it you wish to know?"