Memories

When Yui regained consciousness she was lying on a couch by a pool. Looking up she saw Ayato sitting at the edge of it.

"Hey, are you awake?" he asked bitterly. Scrambling up in fear she looked around and noticed that Akari wasn't there. For the first time since she arrived the girl wasn't at Ayato's side. Maybe that was why he seemed to be in such a foul mood.

"S-stay back," she stuttered, trying to sound brave but miserably failing.

Ayato looked at her in mock disappointment. "You still haven't gotten it through your head," he said before grabbing her by the neck and lifting her up. Yui clawed at the hand wrapped around her throat as she struggled to breath. He walked to the pool and held her over the deep water. "You are at the mercy of Yours Truly so you better start behaving like the good little human you are."

Suddenly, he remembered the times when Akari was put in a similar position as Yui. He remembered seeing her claw at the rope that wrapped tightly around her throat. How she dangled from the tree and thrashed around, trying to free herself. How her face would turn purple and blue from the lack of oxygen as she tried so desperately to breath. How his mother did nothing but stand there and watch. The times where after he had been dragged out from the lake by a nearby maid or butler he would run to her hanging figure and scream and cry as he watched her eyes slowly close.

Ayato gasped as he dropped Yui's body in the water and closed his eyes, trying to get rid of the image. When he heard splashing he looked up and saw Yui struggling to grab the edge and soon images of when he struggled to swim in the lake his mother threw him in flooded his mind. He closed his eyes again and waited for the image to disappear. When it finally did he opened his eyes and looked beside him to see that Yui had managed to grab the pool edge and hoisted herself back up. Grabbing a nearby towel he threw it on her and walked away with a scowl on his face to try and find Akari.

In the forest by the Sakamaki mansion a green haired male looked upon the mansion from a distance, a look of distaste present on his face.

X•X

"Have any of you had any luck with your brother," Fleur asked. The six girls stood together in a circle in the library, having managed to slip away from their partners sides.

"Ayato definitely won't drink anymore of the girl's blood," Akari said, "he made that clear at school."

"We already know that Shu and Subaru won't do it," Rin spoke, Sakura nodding in agreement with her.

"Laito might be able to do it," Kaiya said before looking at Angel, "do you think Kanato will too?"

Angel looked down in though before shrugging. "Im not sure, the last time I tried to convince him he threw a fit. And the last bride he tried to drink from is now a doll in our collection."

Fleur sighed. "Reiji said that he would try, but as he said the probability of him being able to drink her blood is low."

"We only have ourselves to blame," Sakura finally spoke. All eyes turned to her and she explained. "They rely on us too much. From the begining we loved them and they loved us, but we somehow we managed to get the idea into their minds that they only need us to survive." The others nodded in agreement as Sakura looked at all of them. "The awakening needs to happen one way or another."

X•X

"No!"

"Stop it!"

"I don't want any!"

"I said no!"

Several shouts of refusal echoed around the mansion. It had been a couple days since Karlheinz had taken the girls, and usually everyone was used to it. It was normal for him to take them for a week or two and life went on as normal, though the boys were very lonely. But this time it was different.