Chapter 3

As Kamui and Miyo enter the coastal city Zhashi, multiple villagers have gathered by the harbor.

Villager A: What can we do, now?

Villager B: We can't just leave them there!

Miyo: Pardon us, but what's going on?

The village's elder walks out from the crowd.

Village Elder: Forgive us travelers, welcome to Zhashi. It would seem that were in quite the pickle.

Kamui: What happened? By any chance was it an Oni?

Village Elder: I sadly don't have any info on what's going on, but Kogu the fisherman knows something about it. He lives down towards the mountain. Kamui and Miyo begin to head to his house, but they are stopped by a villager.

Villager C: Why are you concerned about this anyways? What purpose do you have that involves you?

Kamui: I have been sent to slay 3 Oni and revive the power of the sword I carry on my back, the Nodachi. With that, I will end Shinjumuto once and for all.

The villagers go silent.

Village Elder: (Thinking) So he's the new weilder of the Nodachi? He has potential, but it will take time I worry.

Kamui and Miyo approach Kugo's house. It's a relatively simple, but medium sized house. Through the window they can see an illustration of a large collection of waves with a shark leaping from the water, and a large fish skeleton mounted on the wall. Miyo knocks on the door. Footsteps can be heard from inside heading to the door. A man, around his 30s with long hair tied back and a small scar on his cheek answers the door.

Miyo: Are you Kogu the Fisherman?

Kogu: You would be correct. Who's asking?

Miyo: We are. We would like to know what happened at the harbor.

Kogu sighs and looks at them blankly.

Kogu: ... Ok. Please come in. Forgive me if I'm a bit shaky. So, how'd you hear about what happened at the harbor?

Miyo: We were exiting from Kabu's Swamp and as we entered the city, most of the villagers were by the harbor. Oh, I'm sorry, my name is Miyo, and this is Kamui.

Kogu sits down in a chair.

Kogu: So to begin, I'm the one of the best Fisherman in the village. Me and some other villagers have to head out to deeper waters to find better fishing spots, but this morning.. We saw something and it wasn't very hard to notice...

Kamui: Can you describe it.

Kogu: Y.. Yes.. It was a towering beast, solid black with milky white eyes. Apparently, it's called an Umibozu. (Here's an depiction made).

 (Here's an depiction made)