"Its beautiful..." I said, looking in awe at my surroundings. We were still in Faerie, but instead on one of the little islands just off of the coast, one I hadn't been to before. A small, cosy cabin lay in front of me with a small dusting of snow on its rooftops. The surrounding area was covered in tall, luscious evergreens, that had grown so tall I couldn't see the tops of them like I couldn't see my own feet.

"All for you my precious Jude," Cardan said, planting a feather light kiss on my cheek before taking my hand and leading me into the cabin.

The inside was just how I imagined it looked. The walls were all wooden panelled, and heavy, soft rugs were on every floor. To the room on my left, a large health was burning steadily, with a couch a metre or so in front of it. I couldn't wait to curl up in Cardan's arms, and warm my cold toes by the flames.

Cardan seemed amused by my awe and chuckled softly, before disappearing down a corridor I could only presume held our bedroom. I didn't follow him, and instead walked into the room with the hearth and noticed a small kitchenette to my left. My heart skipped a beat. Living in a castle, food was always prepared for me everyday, meaning I never had the chance to make Cardan a nice meal of my own. Well, this would change that.

I walked open and started opening the cupboards, surprised to find them chock full of food.

"Ooh, you've caught me. I wanted to make you a meal to show my love and appreciation for you," Cardan drawled from a few metres away, startling my snooping.

"You beat me to it. I wanted to make one for you."

Cardan chuckled again and walked up and wrapped his arms around me before whispering in my ear "Well, I know you like going first," a playful nip to my ear, "but let me have this one, and you can make me one tomorrow." His words slid right through all of my defences and I was clay in his hands.

I turned around, making a big show of pouting playfully. "I guess. But you have to give me a massage by the fire. My back hurts." He chuckled again, this time bringing his mouth to my lips and for a few moments I was lost in that touch.

That day I spent in Cardan's arms was probably one of the best we had had in a while. It certainly beat the one in which this baby was conceived. Due to the rareness of faerie children, we didn't do anything to actively stop a conception from happening, but had talked about how we both felt about it often. This particular night, we had had an argument about something so stupid I cannot even remember it now, but we had solved the misunderstanding with a rough bout of love making, that left us in bed past midnight that following night.

A few looks were thrown our way that following night by all manner of people, but when news came of my pregnancy a few weeks later, all was forgotten, and the castle was in celebration for the new heir.

In fact, the castle had been in celebration for their new heir for the last 8 months. We hadn't had a break much to our dismay. Hence we took this trip as soon as we could.

We woke at sunset, and spent the night in blissful harmony together. Reading, talking, cuddling. It all went by so fast, that when Cardan had confessed it was actually now dinner time and I was to get up and make food now, if I still wanted to. I was quite surprised. I told him, of course I still wanted to and set to work making him a meal he wouldn't forget.

I had seen Heather make this at least 10 times in my visits to the human world, but apparently I was not a visual learner. I had put far too much spice in it and I could see steam coming out of Cardan's ears when he took the first bite. He proclaimed it was delicious anyway, and didn't leave a scrape on his plate. I wasn't so courteous, and I ate as much as I did only because my belly insisted it.