Lucifer's dream

People describe Hell as this fiery place of torture. A place where you're killed over and over, stuck in some sort of endless loop, trying to figure out any possible escape. While Satan, Satan sits on his ass and watches you for his own sick amusement. That is not my Hell. Hell is waking up not knowing a thing about your own being and having people you don't know yell same damn name that must only be your own, but it's not because you're no longer you. You're no one, the old you isn't there anymore and you have not the slightest clue at how to get you back.

Confusion couldn't even began to describe what I was feeling. I was coming out of my forced bodily slumber. The after math of what I endured hit me hard. I found myself on a hospital bed my head, upper Chest, and leg wrapped up. The pain had calmed down to a beat like throbbing, it reminded me about the man's pulse, the one I had stopped. I looked around the room as if someone could hear my thoughts to find one get well soon balloon taped to my bed.
No one was in the room at the time, and I felt panicky sort of like something else was bound to happen. When nothing did happen I began to calm down, but I still couldn't shake my on edge feeling. My body beckoned me to close my eye's. I ignored its request by trying to sit up. Slowly raising my body, I did so.

As I did so someone entered the room, it was a girl with a clipboard. She stopped in her tracks and we locked eyes. This gnawing sensation invaded my stomach. I felt like I should've known her, but I had no clue as to who she might be. She was beautiful none the less. Freckles sprinkled her olive skin, and her dark hair flowed down her shoulders.

"you're awake!" She gasped "I, uh, I'll get the nurse". She turned to leave "No, please I don't want to be alone." I croaked my voice practically a whisper. I was scared. She nodded and sat on the chair at my side clutching the board to her chest. "What's that?"I gestured with my head towards the clipboard. "uh, I, it's yours" she stuttered and handed it to me. It was a hospital record of some man. They've been diagnosed with Retrograde Amnesia. It said every thing their name, their age, height, everything. Dane Forbes age: 17, height: 5'11 male." who is this?" I asked confused.

She looked at me a sad expression crossed her face "Dane, that's you" she said slowly. I chuckled " what're you crazy?". Her expression stayed firm. I closed my eye's confused. Panic invaded my stomach. Me, how could that be me? How could I not know that was me? How have I forgotten myself? Then it clicked. Amnesia, I had forgotten. I realized that my eyes were still closed and I was holding my head. I must have looked mad. The girl looked at me, a shocked expression on her face. Tears threatened to come burning my eyes. Was this really me? I took shuddering breaths and gained my composure, well most of it. "I'm, I'm sorry" I whispered quietly. "Don't be" she reassured smiling lightly. "Who are you?" I questioned trying to change the subject. "M-me, I'm Alina Sanders." she softly voiced . The feeling flooded me again, but if I had known her she was just a stranger now. "Did I know you?", I mean before this happened, "I started gesturing towards my head "were we a thing?"

Her face reddened, " haha um, no. I mean you might have known me, we go to the same school, but we're not a thing you probably didn't know me", she finished hiding her face with her hair. Now, realizing what I just said my face reddened also. "Why are you here?" I wasn't trying to be harsh I just wanted to know how I got here. "You came to my house, and you were unconscious. I tried to wake you, when you didn't I drove you to the hospital. My parents tried to call yours, but you know later we found out- I mean you know." She finished abruptly. "know what, where are my parents?"

I began feeling panicky again. Her face flushed "I thought you knew, they-" just then the nurse rolled in with a cart. Alina sighed in relief. "Why didn't you call me?" The nurse scolded Alina. "I was but then he- I'm sorry." She said defeated. "I asked her not to." I interrupted not giving the nurse time to counter. She looked confused but replied with nothing other than" you shouldn't be sitting up yet" placing things on her cart "give your body time to heal". "Where are my parents?" I asked politely. " Oh dear, I'll get the doctor" she said quickly making her way towards the door.

"No, you won't" my panic was turning into frustration "where the hell
Is my family, I need to know, now!" I half screamed. "Hun, now let's calm down" she tried but failed at soothing me. I tensed and tried to stand at my full height, but a gentle hand held my forearm. Alina was holding it, she shook her head slightly. My anger calmed to desperation. "Please, I just need to know" I begged my voice desperate. The nurse left at this chance of escape. I looked over at Alina, she wouldn't meet eyes with me. I gave up and pulled my arm away from her."C-can I be alone right now?" She simply nodded and left me to my thoughts.

A few minutes after the doctor walked in with an officer. I stood now, wanting to meet his eyes. "I'm doctor Edwins and this is officer Johnson, pleased to meet your acquaintance" he flashed his Hollywood smile. "My parents?" I asked expectingly locking eyes with him. He glanced down at a clip board and grimaced, "Do you have any other family, aunt, uncle, anyone?". I almost chuckled at his question "No offense doctor, but I'm having a hard time figuring out who I am and where my parents are, I don't know where the hell the rest of my family is, if I did we're obviously not close considering only one girl was here when I woke up".

The Doctor cleared his throat, obviously at a loss for words "You may need to sit down" he began I sat and waited "Do you remember anything from the accident". I wanted to laugh because it hadn't been an accident someone had killed all these people and attempted to kill me, an odd accident if you ask me. " Bodies, three bodies" I said recalling the event " the killer was there I saw him" I stopped half expecting them to mention that the police found him dead, but to my surprise they said "can you describe him?" the cop asked taking notes.

I wanted to say that I had killed him and they should have found his body, but they would know that if they had found it. "Yes, he's tall, very tall, and skinny so, so skinny. He had pale blue eyes and white blonde hair. That's all I know. Where are my parents?"
He looked at me fake sympathy in his eye's " They're dead, the police found their bodies at the scene. Your sister and brother are too."

"What? Dead?". "I'm terribly sorry Mr.Forbes". Doctor Edwins placed a heavy hand on my shoulder. I smacked his hand away, and clasped my hands over my ears like a child, shaking my head back and forth. "No, no, no!" I repeated. I feel sick. I'm alone? Oh god, why me what did I do? I felt my breaths getting harder to take in and release. "You're lying!"

As I was saying this I could feel myself sputtering, I began gasping for air. The doctor grabbed my shoulders once more "Dane, I need you to breath" I blocked out the rest. The room began dancing and I felt awfully sick. My eyes rolled back unwillingly and I collapsed.