Chapter 5: taking you home

(Sorry it's a little shorter.)

Catras POV

"Adora!!!" I yelled as I held her close to me, I hear her heart beating so fast. I also felt anger rise in me, because the person who pushed Adora. Was. Going. To. Die.

Tears were running down my face and the pain in my chest was unbearable, why does it hurt so much? 'Adora's going to be fine! She tough, she's Adora!' I thought to reassure myself.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I slightly look up from the crook of Adora's neck and peaked an eye open. I see Bow, Glimmer and people with a stretcher with sympathetic and concerned looks on their faces. "She'll be okay Catra, the doctors and nurses are going to take her to the hospital to rest and heal her, she'll wake up, we promise." Bow said with a soft and gentle tone.

One of the nurses spoke up, "Hun, my name is Dr. Lighthope, we're going to take care of her, but to do that you'll have to let go of her ok?" She said.

I slowly but carefully let go of her and lower her head to the ground. I saw them pick up Adora and put her on the stretcher and saw them walk out with her. I felt a urge to follow Adora, but I forced myself to stay put.

Then I felt anger rise in me, someone pushed her I saw it with my own two Homo-I mean Heterochromia eyes. I feel guilty that I wasn't fast enough to warn her about it.

"Arrow boy, Sparkles, we need to get to the hospital now." I said sternly, the nodded in agreement and we all ran outside to the car. Glimmer got into her own car while Bow and I where in Adora's car with him behind the wheel. We backed out of the parking space and drove onto the street.

"Can't we go any faster!?" I said impatiently.

"We're already going over the speed limit, it's only 6 miles away." Bow said, I was tapping my feet on the cars floor impatiently and I felt my nails dig in and out anxiously as we keep driving.

"Don't worry Catra, Adora's been through worse, it's going to be okay." He put a reassuring hand on my shoulder, but what did he mean buy 'Adora's been through worse'?

"She's been through worse?" I asked as my eyebrows furrowed, Bow looked at me for a second before turning back to the road. "It's not really me place to say, you'll have to ask her." He said looking apologetic.

I sighed and looked back out the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Finally!" I semi-shouted as I unstrap my seat belt and open the car door. Bow got out as fast as he could and we ran inside the hospital to the desk wear a lady was.

"Hello Ma'am how can we help you?" She asked politely,

"I'm here to see Adora Grayskull!" I panted, she typed on the computer then looked back up at us with an unreadable expression and pointed to the door on our right, "Wait over in that room, the doctor should be there shortly."

I walked in the room and saw Glimmer in one of the chairs on her phone, when she heard the door open she looked up and saw us.

She got up, and walked over to us, "Hey guys they should be here any minute now for Adora. Um, crackers?" She asked us, holding out a bag of crackers in her left hand. I shook my head 'no' and so did Bow.

I didn't really feel like talking, eating, or drinking, and could you blame me? I mean, my best friend is in the hospital because of some asshole! I paced back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

*creak*

I heard the door open and saw a doctor with a folder in her hands and little round glasses. She walked over to us and asked, "Are all of you to see Adora Grayskull?" "Yes," we said in unison, she opened her folder and read the symptoms.