- hey everyone!

REQUEST - NONE:

SUMMARY: Soulmate AU where the first words you hear your soulmate say are written somewhere on your body, in their handwriting. Once you hear them say it, the words burst into color. This proves to be difficult for you when you hear Tom Holland's voice, and your mark lights up.

NOTE: When I wrote this, I refused to rewatch civil war. It was a great movie, and Tom's first one in the MCU, but I hated seeing my babies all fight each other. Therefore, I couldn't exactly remember if "hey everyone" is Tom's first line in the movie. If it isn't just imagine you were in the bathroom during his other lines or something. 

--

When you were little, you were a hopeless romantic. All you did in your free time was daydream about how you were going to meet your soulmate. Would it be at a party? It seemed fitting to what was scrawled across your arm.

As you got older and all of your friends met their soulmates, you were left to wonder if there was a glitch. Maybe you didn't have one. You hoped that was not the case, but as you watch your friend get married to her other half just a few months after graduating from high school, it was hard for you to not feel pessimistic.

Of course, you didn't want to marry right after meeting your soulmate. You believed relationships were built on friendship and mutual trust, not some system that might have screwed you over.

"It's okay Y/n. You'll meet him eventually, and when you do, it will be like fireworks are exploding."

That's what they all said to you, but you didn't believe it, which is why you find yourself here, in the middle of a crowded theater after running out of the after party of a wedding, trying to make up excuses to what just happened.

You didn't just hear the new Spider-Man say your mark. You didn't feel the tingle on your arm, where it's located. That's not possible. He is a famous actor, you are just... you. It doesn't make sense.

When you exited the theater, you hoped it was just a fluke, but you knew even before you looked back and your arm and saw the colors now decorating it, your soulmate was the one and only Tom Holland. You knew because his voice calmed you. It wasn't fireworks like they all said, it was like he pulled you out of the water you had been drowning in your whole life, and breathed new life into you.

When you got home, you had no idea what to do. He was a famous actor. All you knew was that he lived in London. He probably had thousands of fans faking the match every day for the chance to know him. Even if you somehow saw him, you would never get within 30 feet.

---

You knew it was a bad idea. That you were just setting yourself up to be heartbroken, but you had to try. Even if you didn't meet him, you needed to at least see him, to make sure he was real. You booked a flight to Hollywood and got a ticket to see Tom's new movie, Spider-Man Homecoming.

When you arrived at the theater, you were escorted to your seat. You quickly realized that you were nowhere near where the cast was going to sit once they got off the red carpet. (a/n: I have no idea how a premier/ red carpet is supposed to go but whatevs)

You still had a bit of hope though. Maybe you would run into each other on the way out. Maybe while walking to his seat, he would overhear you say something and realize that you were the one.

Obviously none of that happened, as you were currently rolled up in the itchy hotel duvet, crying your eyes out. You had no way to reach him. He was so close, but so far.

You were supposed to stay in Hollywood for about a week. You had wanted to give you and Tom time to get to know each other, and time for yourself to tour the city, but the next day you were on a plane home, heartbroken.

Since you had taken a week off of work, you had nothing to do all week, so you stayed at home and watched his movies for the millionth time, and read all of the fan-fictions that he was featured in, dreaming that one day, it would be you in his arms.

---

During that week, you realized that maybe you personally can't reach him, but maybe, his fans could. With a new sense of hope, you logged into twitter. You had a decent following, but most were old high school friends. Hopefully, this tweet would make its way to Tom. A string of hope that you were holding onto, and you knew that if it broke, you would be tossed into the water again, left to drown in your own thoughts and regrets.

"Y/N
@ y/n

My soulmate is Tom Holland. The first words I heard him say (Hey Everyone) are lit up. I have been trying for over a year to meet him. All I want is my soulmate. Please help this reach him. [picture of arm attached]"

Needless to say, your twitter went crazy. Some were supporting, but most claimed that you were just a crazy fan looking for money. You had no idea how celebrities did it. You didn't have the millions of hate comments on every post, and you were still tired of it. Just as you were about to delete the post. Tom tweeted (as rare as that is, you know it had to be important.) Hoping that it wasn't him updating that he broke his nose (again), you hesitantly clicked on the notification.

"Tom Holland
@ TomHolland1996

Hatred is not okay. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

It was just a coincidence. There was no way he just sub-tweeted you. Maybe it wasn't even about you. Maybe he had been getting hate too?

What shut your mind up on its rampage of finding an explanation, cursing Tom for not being specific at all, was a DM.

"Hey. I'm sorry for my fans, but they are just trying to be protective. I hope you are okay?"

Oh. My. God.

"It's fine. I think it's cute how much they care about you."

The answer was almost instantaneous.

"But it isn't okay for them to attack you because you want to meet your soulmate."

---

Tonight was the night. You were finally meeting Tom. Over the past year, all you did was text. You had both agreed that you wanted the first words you said to him to be in person.

Which is why you find yourself in a limo, on your way to the Infinity War premiere. Almost two years ago, you heard his voice for the first time, and today, you were finally meeting him.

When you get to the carpet, you had no idea where to go. You knew nobody there. You were considering just staying in the limo and running away from the constant flashed of light outside, but the driver had already opened the door for you. Collecting your purse, you stepped outside.

You were swept into the line of celebrities waiting to walk the carpet. These were faces you had grown up watching, and you were standing 5 feet from them.

Trying to stop yourself from panicking, you decide to try to go find a bathroom. Tapping on the nearest shoulder, you began to prepare yourself for the embarrassment that would come if this person was rude.

"Um excuse me, do you know where the bathroom is."

When the person turned around, you knew you had made a huge mistake on tapping on his shoulder. Standing in front of you was Robert Downey Jr.

"Never mind, I have to go."

"You're Y/n! God, Tom never stopped talking about you during filming. Here, let me show you where he is."

He grabbed your arm and dragged you across the room, presumably towards Tom. You stopped walking when you realized where you were going.

"Stop! What if I'm not ready. I have no idea what to say or do."

"You have been waiting for this for two years. You will be fine. C'mon. Let's go meet your soulmate."

As you made your way towards Tom, time seemed to slow down. When he realized it was you, he started walking towards you.

"You're real," you breathed as you reached each other.

They were right. It was like fireworks.