- first and last kiss

REQUEST - NONE:

SUMMARY: Descriptions of your first and last kiss with Tom.

NOTE: I was thinking about making this a new series of mine. "First and last ___". You can request the action and the person.  I am sure that someone else has already come up with this idea but I love it. I am not intentionally copying anyone's ideas. A special thanks to a few of my closest friends who proof-read this for me and hyped me up enough to post this!

WARNINGS: Part one is full of fluff. Part two has an overwhelming amount of angst. 

--

The first kiss the two of you shared tasted like strawberries and champagne.

Growing up next door to Tom, you had quickly become best friends. Ever since the first set up play-date, the two of you were inseparable. You spent more time at his house than you did your own.

People always thought you were dating, but back then, it truly was innocence and friendship. Neither of you even thought about dating until you turned 18.

Falling in love with each other started out slowly. Tom noticed that his heart fluttered whenever you laughed at his dumb jokes, and he realized that there was no view he loved more in the world than you waking up in his arms the morning after a movie marathon. He could spend hours just looking into your eyes and he would never tire of your overenthusiastic stories about your day.

For you, it was the way his eyes sparkled after telling a joke, delighted to be the reason for your laughter. It was the way he always knew exactly what was wrong, and how to fix it. It was the late night phone conversations about your anxiety and planning your future. It was laying in his arms after a long day, never wanting to be anywhere else.

After realizing his feelings, Tom decided to do something about it, so he asked you out on a date, hoping you wouldn't reject him. He was in luck, because you were ecstatic to be asked out by the person you were secretly falling in love with.

Scared that the date might end badly, the two of you promised that whatever happened it would not affect your friendship. You would always be best friends first, then romantic interests.

Finally, the day of the date had arrived, and Tom could not have been any more nervous in the minute he knocked on your door to pick you up. You were wearing a beautiful dress that showed off your body in all the right places, and he couldn't take his eyes off of you.

"Wow," he said, "You are truly gorgeous darling."

With a blush and a quiet "Thanks", the two of you were on your way to a nearby park for your date.

When you got there, you gasped at the little picnic he had set up. There were sandwiches, chocolate, champagne, and much to your happiness, strawberries. They were your favorite fruit, and it was touching that Tom had put that much thought into the date.

After hours of just talking and laughing with each other, the two of you laid down in silence staring at the stars in the night sky.

"I love it out here. I never want to leave," you sighed.

Tom looked over at you and said, "We don't have to."

You curled up into his arms and leaned closer to him. His eyes flickered toward your lips as his arms went around you to pull you even closer.

"Can I kiss you?"

Not trusting your words, you simply nodded. Slowly, he leaned closer and closer, wanting to make sure you could stop him if he crossed any unspoken boundaries. His lips brushed yours, and you felt like you were in heaven.

Finally, after what seemed like ages but was probably no more than a few seconds, his lips fully connected to yours.

Strawberries, champagne, and fireworks.

~~~

The last kiss the two of you shared tasted like tears and regret.

(Two years later, you are 20)

Tom had always been a theatrical kid. He was a dancer, and he acted in all of the school plays. His dream was to make it big as an actor. So, when he got the part as the new Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it was obvious that he had to take the job.

You were unconditionally supportive. You were so proud of your Tommy finally getting his big break. The two of you knew that your relationship would have to become long-distance. You were committed to your studies in London, while the new movie would be filmed in Atlanta.

You visited as much as you could, and at first, the long-distance was going amazingly. You became great friends with the cast and if there was a free moment, Tom would always be either calling you or texting you.

But all great things come to an end.

He increasingly got busier and busier with the movie and new offers, and you got busier and busier with studying and finals. It went from every free second, to once a day, to once a week, to barely at all.

It was okay though because you truly loved him and believed that you would spend the rest of your life with him. That was until the gossip magazines got wind of your relationship.

They, and the fans, were merciless. They pointed out every single imperfection about you, and how you didn't deserve Tom. As the hate got worse and worse, so did your mental health. You knew that Tom loved you, but it was hard to believe that when he hadn't texted you back in almost a month.

The final straw was the dating rumor with Zendaya. You knew it would come eventually. They were co-stars after all, and they would make a beautiful couple. You also knew that there was no truth behind it. Tom and Zendaya were just friends. You were even good friends with her. You trusted her.

But that did not mean it didn't hurt. If anything, it made you realize how bad you were for Tom. You were just a Uni student in London who had no idea what to do with her life and Zendaya was this amazing actress that had a lot more in common with Tom than you did.

This hurt what little confidence you had left. It also shredded your trust to pieces. After all, how would you know if Tom cheated on you? The two of you were not even in the same country!

You had enough. It was all just too much. You had never wanted a long-distance relationship for yourself, and you knew that the longer you were in it, the more and more you put it off, the less and less you would love him. You already couldn't trust him, apparently.

The way you saw it, you had two options. If you called it off now, the two of you could still possibly be friends. On the other hand, if you held on, you would just end up hating each other.

With that in mind, you booked a two-way ticket to Atlanta with your emergency funds. It was not a conversation that could be done on the phone and you did not want to wait any longer.

It was a simple break-up. You met him in a quiet little park away from prying eyes. You sat together on a park bench for a while, Tom utterly confused, until you dropped the bomb. Tom was too shocked to really say anything other than 'why?' in a tone so heartbreaking you almost wanted to go back and change your mind.

You explained how the distance was too much, how after a long year of self-doubt, and trying to see if you could ever be good enough for him, how you still loved him but you just needed to focus on your studies, you came to your decision. You explained how it wasn't easy, but change never was. You explained again that you did truly love him, but you needed to be able to move on and heal, and that you were still open to being friends.

The two of you sat in silence for a few moments, taking in each other's tear-stained faces.

"I really am sorry, Tommy."

"I know, (N/N)."

Before you left though, you gave him one last kiss. You weren't quite sure why, but you supposed it was for closure. One last act of love between the two of you. The end of a chapter.

You can never forget the way it felt...

Tears, regret, and heartbreak.