"Messed up? Why?"

What are you, my Mom?

I just gave a shrug

"Does it have something to do with Adrien?"

"Adrien? What? Where, where? Shit! I gotta r-" Before I could dash away he grabs hold of me one more

"Woah there, girl. Hold your horses. I asked if it's something to do with Adrien. Not Adrien is here." He says, a smirk now adorning his well-polished face.

I glare at the guy. I mean, it's not even his fault I'm so jumpy. I can't help getting mad.

"So it does concern, Adrien." When Evan spelled his name out, my body tensed. "Did something happen?" he continued to ask me. I just remained tight-lipped.

Should I ask him if Adrien's said anything lately?

No. just keep quiet Amelia!

"What are you even doing here?" I ask annoyed. He gives me a weird expression like I've gone crazy

"I study here? Senior year?" he said in a questioning manner like he's questioning my sanity. I face-palm myself and groan aloud.

"I meant, what are you doing here, on the second years' floor? Aren't you guys supposed to be studying and making society and shit proud?"

Wasn't that what Ms. Valerie barked at us? How come we're not allowed to set foot on their floor, yet they waltz into ours whenever they want.

When the fuck did the school belong to you ilting? My conscience whispered to me, but I kicked it aside.

"Oh. Well, the principal asked for me, and his office happens to be on the first floor. And since there's a single stairway we students use, I have to pass by the second floor to descend to the first years' floor through the stairway." He explained to me as if trying to make a toddler understand. I'm pretty sure my brainpower is worse than a newborn baby.

"So. About Adrien." He began ignoring the fact that I'd stupidly demanded why he was here and went straight to the subject on what was going on.

"What does Uncle Cam want?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"Really Amelia Brooke? Why are you dodging the topic?"

God! Be on my side for once

I sucked in my breath and formed a tight line, keeping my lips shut. Evan gives in and sighs in defeat.

Yes, baby!

"We, the Student Council members are in our final year. So it's time we start looking for new members to take over."

Oh. That's right. This is Evan's, Esmee's, and Adrien's final year in school. Just a couple more months and they'll be graduating.

A sudden pang of hurt struck me. Adrien will be leaving school.

We live in the same house. But once college starts he might move out.

Geezes. Why did he have to kiss me and confuse me now!?

"Amelia Brooke?"

"Dude, stop calling me by my full name for god sake. Amelia is fine." I cry out loud, so the pipe-brain in front of me would stop going 'Amelia Brooke' every time he addresses me.

"Sorry about that. Anyways, about the Student Council." He stops and I raise a brow.

"Yeah?"

"Are you interested in running for Student Body President?"