seventeenth melody ✯ petals of sakura

SEVENTEENTH MELODY ; PETALS OF SAKURA

✯ ✯ ✯

"Iwa-chan," called Oikawa, as they were taking a break from practice.

It was a couple of days before the matches that will decide who will be Miyagi's representative for Spring High Nationals. Their captain, Oikawa himself, was starting to notice how his best friend was spacing out most of the time during breaks.

It had been a month since Yua and Iwaizumi broke up, but the chocolate haired male felt like he was the one suffering more between the two. They used to be great friends, but after breaking up, Oikawa thought that his best friends avoided each other more.

"Huh? Did you call me?" Iwaizumi asked, blinking rapidly as he started stretching his arms after spacing out.

With a sigh, Oikawa nodded his head and replied, "I did. It's just strange how you and Yu-chan never talk anymore. It's not like you can't be friends anymore, why don't you talk?"

The tan male flinched, hearing the question that he didn't want to hear the most. If he were to be asked, he wanted to talk to Yua and hang out with her like how they used to. He wanted to be by her side and hear her questions about whether she wrote a good song or not, he wanted to hear her praise him during their practice. But the thing is, he felt like a burden.

"It's not that I don't want to talk to her. Believe me, I'm dying to talk to her. Every single day, I just want to ask her if she slept well, I want to ask her about her progress in songwriting," Iwaizumi started, breathing out heavily. "But I don't want her to get in trouble because of me. This is her dream since forever, even before we met. I don't want to be the reason that she loses her dream again."

Oikawa didn't know what to say. He knew that Iwaizumi had a point, but he also knew that he was just making it hard for himself and for Yua. Everytime he looked at his friends, he could see that both of them were dying to talk to each other. As risky as it sounded, he still wanted them to spend their time together like how they used to. He didn't want his best friends to not talk, it hurt him to see them that way.

"Have you ever tried asking if that's what she wants? To not talk to you anymore because it was risky? I'm sure Yua still wants to talk to you, even as friends."

Iwaizumi Hajime didn't know what to say. At some point, he did start talking to Yua about that and they agreed to be friends. But what if he couldn't stop himself and demanded more? He didn't want that to happen.

The other members of the volleyball club inside the gym silenced, feeling the tension between their captain and vice.

"Is Oikawa talking to Iwaizumi about Yua? You could cut the tension with a knife," Matsukawa's voice could be softly heard, his voice trying hard to be as low as possible but failed.