sixteenth melody ✯ paper airplanes

SIXTEENTH MELODY ; PAPER AIRPLANES

✯ ✯ ✯

"So, how long have you guys like, dated?"

Sayaka silently asked, giving Yua a small smile as the two of them are eating ice cream inside an ice cream shop that the mentioned girl found one day. It had been around almost a month when Yua and Sayaka started training together, getting closer than ever. Since both girls can't really stay at school after classes but instead spend time at the company, they found themselves getting closer and closer to each other.

"Hajime and I? Hm, I'm not sure about how long, but I've liked him since Yume," Yua explained, playing with her spoon as she recalled the day she met the tan male.

A smile plastered itself on her lips, both of fondness and of nostalgia. If only she could just go and meet him right now just to tell him just how much she missed him already. They couldn't even be seen at school together because Iwaizumi was ignoring her. Even Oikawa noticed, but he tried hard not to mention it to the peach haired female.

"Since Yume?! I thought you guys met this year or something!" Sayaka said, widening her eyes in surprise.

How did they know each other if she was still in Yume before going to Aoba Johsai?

"It's quite funny, actually. I was so affected with Aika's words that I ended up going to this one bridge. I was bawling my eyes out and then all of a sudden, he came and comforted me. Do you remember that time when I couldn't write, compose or sing at all? Right after he encouraged me, I was so motivated and felt like my love for music was rekindled," Yua explained, and Sayaka would be lying if she said that she couldn't see the excitement and fondness in Yua's eyes as she spoke about Iwaizumi Hajime.

It's just so cruel that she had to choose between him and her dream, Sayaka thought to herself, finishing the rest of her ice cream. Yua did the same, and then they both stood up to leave the place.

It was a Saturday, anyway, and they had a day off of practice so the two decided to hang out. However, as the two made their way out, Yua was surprised to see Oikawa spying on them with an awful disguise— a blonde wig, a cap and some sunglasses on.

"Tooru?" Yua called, making the mentioned male flinch at the sound of his name being called.

"H-How did you know it was me?!" The chocolate haired asked, a small pout now present on his lips.

Once he realized that Sayaka was also looking at him, he gave the girl a wink and a small wave in which made the girl blush. Although wearing a ridiculous disguise, Oikawa sure had his charms.

Only when Yua cleared her throat did Oikawa start talking to explain himself. The girl folded her arms across her chest and signalled for Sayaka to wait, making the male chuckle awkwardly before scratching his head.