fourteenth melody ✯ sakura tree

FOURTEENTH MELODY ; SAKURA TREE

✯ ✯ ✯

Yua breathed in and out deeply, trying to calm down her nerves. It was time to finally go to the interview with the company that scouted her yesterday, and she was still so nervous because of what Aika have said. What if the staff from Uta Labels actually believed what Aika said? What if they don't accept her?

"You can do this, Yua. It's your dream, isn't it?" The peach haired female reassured herself as she went to the entrance of the building.

After showing the card to the person in front of the building, she was led inside by a young woman who had a bright smile on her face. The woman looked like she was in her mid 20s, enjoying her job in the company.

Yua started to wonder, were the employees at Uta Labels nice? Were they all as nice as this woman?

"You must be Matsui Yua," said the woman, "There are two other girls in the room, we were waiting for you. The interview is about to start."

Yua bowed at the woman, and muttered an apology for making them wait. After the woman brushed it off, she started thinking about the two girls that were mentioned. As much as she didn't want to think that Aika was one of them, there was a really high chance that she was there. Although they weren't in the same school, Yua could feel that Aika still hated her guts.

Once they stopped in front of glass doors, the woman opened it and led Yua inside where two other girls sat down in front of who Yua thought as the CEO. She felt her heart stop as she looked around.

The other girl was Aika, and the other one was a girl she recognized from her years in Yume. It was a girl from their unit as well, someone she didn't spend much time with to actually remember the name of. 

"Huh, she had the nerve to appear," Aika muttered under her breath, but Yua heard it anyway.

The other girl stayed silent, and the CEO ignored Aika's remarks and instead started talking to Yua.

"Good afternoon, Matsui-san," said the man in front of them all, gesturing for Yua to sit down next to the two other girls. "I am Ito Hiroki, the CEO of Uta Labels. You may all call me CEO Ito. Let's start with the interview. Please introduce yourselves, tell us your name, which school you are from, what made you like music, why it is important to you, and why you think Uta Labels should take you in."

Yua sat down next to the other girl, relieved that the girl was in between her and Aika. She couldn't stand the presence of the said blonde female, knowing how much Aika hated her. It wasn't like she did anything wrong to the girl, and as much as she wanted to be nice, she felt like Iwaizumi was right— Aika was envious of Yua.