"Hell yeah. We've basically been to hell and back together, we're brothers for life." Diego threw an arm around his shoulder and lead him to the dance floor.

Charlie and Estela watched them go. Diego was trying his hardest to get Winston to smile by doing ridiculous dance moves. Winston let out a particularly loud laugh when Diego did a boyband twirl.

"He still might show up." Charlie spoke from beside her.

Estela looked at up at him, then looked back at Diego and Winston who were now beckoning them to join in.

Charlie and Estela looked at each other again, before smiling and all but running toward them.

Almost the entire paranoid group was there, dancing along to whatever song played. People were dancing and laughing, acting like nothing traumatic had happened in the last few days.

If they were being honest, it felt good. It felt amazing to feel like they were kids again. Not caring about whatever would happen tomorrow or the next day, but living in the moment.

Winston tried to have a good time and push the sad thoughts to the back of his head, but just couldn't. He wanted desperately to have fun for Estela's sake, but he couldn't help feeling like he was putting up a front. Pretending he was okay, when he felt like dying.

The music came to a stop after a while and everyone looked toward the stage where Jessica was standing in front of a microphone, holding an envelope in her hands.

"All right, Liberty High. The votes are in. It's time to announce your prom king and queen!"

Winston groaned internally. He was going to have watch a happy couple dance in front of everyone.

"The votes were tabulated by one of our chaperones. I'm not sure who, but at least we know that it's secure."

Most everyone cheered at that and Jessica tore open the envelope, taking a piece of paper out of it and reading it once. Her eyes almost bugged out of her head and she'd never looked more confused.

"Holy shit." She said under her breath.

Jessica shook her head, "Um, I don't really know how this is possible, but your prom king and queen are- or I guess king and king. I don't know, it's whatever they prefer."

Everyone waited in anticipation as she rambled.

"Montgomery de la Cruz and Winston Williams." She announced, sounding confused and a tiny bit annoyed as she read it.

Gasps filled the room as people began looking around and muttering amongst themselves.

"Oh shit." Diego swore.

Winston's face went pale as he looked over at Diego in a panic, "What the hell is going on?!"

"I completely forgot we did that." Charlie said, eyes wide.

"What did you do?!" Winston tried to ignore the stares that were coming his way.

Diego let out a fake laugh, "Okay, funny story, we rigged the voting so that you and Monty would win and have this epic moment together-"

"Oh my god!" Winston whisper yelled. "What were you thinking?!"

"It was his idea!" Diego accused, pointing a finger at Charlie.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now?" Charlie got ready to defend himself.

"Guys! What the fuck?" Estela interrupted. "Now is not the time! Do you have any idea how stupid you two are? How humiliating this must be for Winston?"