logicality and Virgil angst/fluff

Start from the beginning

He brought the small boy to a terrified looking Patton, who hugged his son close.

"No playing that close to the road, kiddo," Patton whispered.
"Yes papa," Virgil answered softly.

Sadie walked over and licked Virgils cheek, making him giggle.

"Sadie! Come outside, girl," Virgil, age 9 called. Sadie happily followed her boy outside. They explored the woods until dark, which was when Virgil got scared.

Sadie knew she needed to protect the boy and grabbed his sweater sleeve

Virgil was cold, it was dark. He was scared. They couldnt see the way home. Virgils curled up with Sadie beside him, keeping him warm.

"Virgil! Virgil, honey where are you?!" Voices called. Sadie lifted her head off her sleeping boys chest. "Virgil! Answer me, where are you?!" Patton yelled.

Sadie stood and barked. Flashlights came and soon Logan and Patton were running over. Patton scooped up the half asleep boy and held him close. Logan gave Sadie some pets.
"Good girl, keeping him safe," he praised smiling.

"Dad...what's wrong with her?" Virgil, age 13, asked softly.
"Baby, dogs don't live as long as us," Patton said gently.
"S-shes dying?" Virgil whimpered. Patton nodded sadly. Virgil let a few tears fall and hugged his dog. In every memory he had from when he was little, Sadie was there. Protecting him, playing with him. She was his bestfriend and though it seemed sad, he was happy with it.

"Please don't go," he sobbed.
"Virgil..." logan gently out his hand on the boys shoulder. Virgil turned and hugged him.

Virgil, age 16, sat on his porch. Tired and lonely. He heard a bark and looked up. A dog was running across the street. He looked around in confusion, wondering where this puppy's owners were. The dog jumped onto his lap and licked his face. Virgil laughed, pushing the dog off.

The puppy barked and jumped on him again.
"Sadie?" He whispered. The dog barked again, seeming as if she were smiling. "Oh my god!" Virgil cried, hugging the dog happily.

"Dad! Papa!" Virgil yelled, running inside.
"What's wrong, kiddo?" Patton asked, looking out. "Who's dog is that?"
"It's Sadie!" Virgil exclaimed happily.

"Virg...Sadie is dead," Logan said softly, looking up at his son from the couch.
"No, really! It's her, I don't know how but it is!" Virgil insisted.
"Baby..." Patton said sympathetically, brushing Virgils hair from his eyes. "Honey, it's been three years. I'm sorry, but you need to move on. Sadie was an amazing dog, but we can't bring her back and this isnt healthy,"

"Dad, I'm serious. It's her," Virgil was getting upset. "I'm not trying to convince myself so I'm happy, I've accepted that shes gone. But it's her, I'm positive," Virgil pushed Pattons hand away from him.

"Sadie sit," he said, not even looking at the dog, who immediately sat beside his foot. "Good girl," he smiled and pet the dogs head. The puppy panted happily and licked his face.

"I can't prove it to you...but please can I keep her?" He said softly, petting the dog who happily snuggled him.
"Yeah. She seems to like you," Patton smiled softly.

That night, Virgil heard his parents talking.
"This isnt good for him....I know he seems fine and he says he's doing ok, but if he's pretending some random dog off the streets is the dog that's been dead for 3 years," Patton said nervously.
"Maybe he's telling the truth. Maybe that is Sadie," Logan suggested softly.

Virgil sighed and went back to his bed, smiling when the puppy nuzzled under the blankets just like Sadie ways did. Virgil kissed the dogs head and laughed when she licked him, then they both laid down and went to sleep.

"Dad, papa, this is Roman. My boyfriend," Virgil, 18, said softly. Roman smiled shyly.
"Ooh, he's so handsome," Patton giggled.
"I'm Logan, and this is Patton. It's very nice to meet your Roman. Virgil talks very fondly of you," Logan smirked at his son, who blushed harshly.
"Papa," he whined, embarrassed. Roman smiled and kissed his cheek.

"You talk about me?" He teased slightly.
"Shut up," Virgil hissed, making Roman laugh. He put his arm around Virgils shoulders.
"Well, you boys go have fun, just make sure to be home before curfew," Patton smiled.
"Oh, can we take Sadie? She'll love the park," Virgil suddenly asked. Roman smiled and nodded.

Virgil put the leash on his dog, waved to his parents and the two young lovers walked out, hand intertwined.

"How did you train her so well?" Roman asked.
"Well I have had her my entire life," Viegil smiled.
"Like...basically your whole life?"
"Nope. I was 3 months old when I got her," Virgil giggled.
"Wait, but...you...she's...what?" Roman seemed so confused.

"Her spirit is at least 18, but her body is only about 3," Virgil smiled. He explained everything. Roamn was in shock.

"Woah," he breathed.
"Crazy, huh? You probably think I'm a freak for thinking that," Virgil mumbled.
"No, I mean yeah it's kind of crazy, but you're not a freak," Roman brought their hands up and kissed Virgils hand, then his cheek.

"You're such a flirt," Virgil smiled.
"Only with you, my dear," Roman smiled wide.

They stopped at a river bank and Virgil let Sadie off her leash. The happy dog jumped up and into the water, splashing around and trying to catch the fish. The two boys laid on the grass, talking and watching the clouds.

Sadie ran over and laid beside Virgil a few minutes later,ahead on his arm.
"Tuckered herself out," Virgil giggled as he pet his dog and cuddled closer to his boyfriend. Roman smiled, kissing Virgils cheek and closing his eyes.

"I love you..."Virgil said softly, looking up at Roman. Roman's eyes opened in surprise.
"W-what?" He breathed. Virgil blushed darkly and looked away. Roman smiled. "Virg, look st me," Virgil did, getting caught in a kiss. "I love you too," he said smiling wider at how red Virgils face was.

"Ok...that's everything," Virgil, age 20, breathed, looking at his empty room.

"We're going to miss you so much, honey," Patton said hugging his son.
"Take care of him for us," Logan said to Roman, who nodded and smiled.
"Stay safe, sweetie," Patton hugged Virgil once more, kissing his head before waving to the two as they got into their car and drove off, Sadie in the backseat, seeming sad to leave the only home she's ever known, even if she was staying with her boy.

"I'm so glad you moved in," Roman smiled, kissing his boyfriend and spinning him around. Virgil giggled and kissed him again.
"I love you," Viegil smiled.
"I love you more," Roman nuzzled his neck and they stayed in eachothers arms for a long moment.

Sadie barked at them, as if telling them to stop being gross and lovey dovey, making Virgil laugh.

"Ro, did you let Sadie in?" Virgil called. It was about 2 years since Virgil had moved in.
"Not yet, I'll get her," Roman said, going to the door. He suddenly gasped.
"What's wrong?" Virgil asked, walking into the front room. He almost screamed at what he saw. "Sadie!" He rushed to his dog, who was whimpering and limping. "Its ok, girl. It's ok," Virgil said softly, panicking. What had happened to her?! Why was she bleeding!

Before they could even call the vet, they knew it was too late.
"Its ok, baby. Maybe she'll come back, just like she did when you were younger," Roman whispered, hugging his boyfriend.
"You don't get it, Ro...that dog was my only friend for almost my entire life," Virgil said, wiping his tears away.
"I know, honey. I know. But she's going to come back,"

Virgil sighed and nodded, hugging Roman.

But she didnt...Virgil never got his dog back.

Almost cried like a million times writing this, not gonna lie

But I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day/night
Love you all so much
Bye!!❤🧡💛💚💙💜