Knot Loosens

"......And how does that make sense, putra?" Devki faced Kanha.

"Devki Maa, I have other responsibilities and by staying back I'm needed to fulfill them. Anyways its not meant of me to be with her." Kanha assured.

"Look Krishn, I don't want to know what's mean to be and what fate has in store for each one of us.
But right now, it seems wrong to stay back when your wife has to go and moderate the fiery situation in Indraprasth." Devki shook him.

"And it seems even more wrong to think that she can't manage it herself.
I trust her, and I know you do too Maa, believe me, she'll alone do the best for everyone before her own self." Kanha smiled, much to his mother's further agitation.

"Vaishnavi is sick." Dhriti spoke, turning her gaze away from her daughter, now sleeping on her lap.

"Dhriti, she's feverish.
Krishn, go call the Raj Vaidya. I hope the fate grants you to do that." Devki called, not looking at him.

"Here put these cold water strips until he comes.
That will give some relief." Revati sat beside her as the latter slowly nodded.

"Maharani, Senapati wishes to see you." A daasi informed as Dhriti responded with a light nod, allowing him to enter.

"Um.... We were informed that–" He looked down as Dau cut his sentence midway.

"Draupadi has forbidden Arjun and Subhadra from entering Indraprasth. They have been stopped on the gates of the Palace itself." Dau completed with a prominent glare.

Dhriti's sudden flinch spilled all the cold water on her lehenga with a worried gasp involuntarily escaping her lips. She gently lifted Vaishnavi's head from her lap and rested it on the soft cushions, straightening her composure as she turned around facing the two men, one glaring at her while the other not wanting to meet her tensed yet noiseless eyes.

"Kritavarma, ask Satyaki to get the chariot ready." He briefly looked up, nodding a yes to her limited words.

"Dhriti, there is no need for your presence at Indraprasth to stabilize the situation. I'll ask Krishn to go instead." Devki insisted as Dhriti looked at Dau, just listening but not responding to what Devki just uttered.

"I'll- I'll go Devki Maa, don't worry. Everything will be fine with Subhadra." She replied, remembering the promise she made to Dau, previously.

"You aren't following the right aisle of motherhood, Dhriti." Rohini sharply spoke.

"I'm ensuring you Mata, I'll be back as soon as possible." She kissed and fondled Vaishu's warm forehead before taking a leave.

"Priya...." Kanha's single call made her hault her trudge.

"You took all the blame on you, isn't it?" He entreated.

"I had no other option left. I couldn't see a possible rift between you two just to stop a catastrophe of Subhadra's marriage with Bhrata Duryodhan." Answered a low voice.

"Be there with Vaishu when she wakes up, okay? And I've told Bhabhishree to feed her something because she slept without having lunch so you better look after it." Her nurturing voice overtook.

"Yeah yeah, I'm her father afterall. Looks like Dwarkadheesh has been bestowed with a huge responsibility." Kanha chuckled, hiding the pain as he entered Vaishnavi's chambers with the Raj Vaidya while Dhriti exited the Palace.

"I've been waiting for you here in this scorching heat since eternity." Satyaki faked his tiredness as Dhriti climbed he chariot.

"Ofcourse! Not everyone has a blooming luck to have a sakha like you." She chuckled.