Haldi

A sudden trail of energy flowed through Dhriti's body waking her up as she blankly sat on her bed

Today's events have still not left her mind. Her constant queries of not seeing Mahalakshmi, then the sudden appearance of Alakshmi and the visions of SamudraManthan had kept her thoughts in splits.

She moved to drink some water realizing that the last few days have been tiring her a lot. Not that she was complaining about it, but her curiosity was driving her crazy.

She walked outside her chambers. The Palace was surprisingly quiet. It was just the wind circulating around. She observed the layout of the Palace which looked completely different. Each and every wall, every pillar was decorated with flowers. Pots with little lotuses floating in it were placed every now and then. The way everybody managed to pull the decorations and preparations made her smile. She was grateful. The doubts in her mind immediately washing away as she turned towards her room but a small scream left her mouth.

"Didi! Shhhhh." Nakul sighed.

"Nakul! What is this- oh bhrata Bheem?" She giggled looking at the plate he was holding in his hands.

"Just because I'm the younger one, I have to do this. You know this has become a part of my routine in such a way that there's no need for him to wake me up. I'm already awake at midnight waiting for him to come and tell me that he's hungry. " Nakul ranted as he took Dhriti with him to Bheem's room.

"Take this Bhratashree. Don't even give us a single bite from it. Eat it all by yourself." He sarcastically said placing the plate in front of him making the other two laugh.

"As you wish dear Nakul." Bheem said eating all what he got as the younger siblings left his room.

"Nakul! I can't sleep." Dhriti said shaking him.

"I know what we can do!" He said pulling her to her room.

"What are you finding Nakul?" Dhriti asked as Nakul tried finding something.

"Found it! Found it yes!" He said bringing a handful of marbles towards her.

"You want to place marbles right now?" She asked looking at him.

"So you want to sit and stare the ceiling?" He asked.

"You have a point somehow." She giggled arranging the marbles on the floor as both of them started playing.

"What a cheater! Did you just hide half of the marbles Nakul?" Dhriti laughed in annoyance.

"Those are mine now. I have won it." He yawned, laying his head his Dhriti's lap.

"Tired or don't wanna lose?" Dhriti said ruffling his hair.

"Didi, let me sleep like this. Just a two more days before the wedding." Nakul's voice cracked.