Joining the Dots of the Past

"Therefore she will be named as.........." Narad stopped to gain a light nod from Dhriti with an evident smirk on his face.

"As??" Subhadra asked in complete restlessness.

"I'm getting a feeling that Devarshi has something else running through his mind." Kanha smirked at Dhriti

"What happened Devarshi?" Devki asked, observing him quiet for too long.

"Maharani Devki, today, this mighty Dwarka is blessed with a little flower, a princess.
Then would it be fair to give this little one a name without a celebration, without the presence of your people who must be equally fond of her? And it would a more joyous occasion when Dwarkadheesh Shri Vasudev, and Rajkumari Dhriti's family would be here as well. Isn't it?"  Narad smiled.

"I knew it. See!" Kanha chuckled.

"Munivar? Look how smoothly he changed his plans Devi." Gauri looked at Saraswati.

"The truth is that, we should have already taken it into consideration that Devarshi would do it the way it is previously planned." Saraswati smiled.

"That's right Devi Saraswati.
Prabhu, Mata and Devi Shakti, it can't be changed what's written by the hands of Vidhata. Therefore everything must be in accordance to it. And what about me? I'm just putting trying to put things at their places." Narad chuckled.

"Your words have a point Devarshi. Its true we need a grand celebration for naming my niece.
And it wouldn't commence without the presence of Pitashree and everyone from Hastinapur and Indraprasth. Good, you reminded me to send a letter to everyone." Dau chuckled, as everyone gave a nod in agreement.

"Alright, now Dhriti and the little one– oh look, she's already asleep! They both need some rest. We better get going. We have a lot of work to do now." Revati smiled getting up, as everyone gradually left the room leaving the now family of three, at actual peace.

"Don't you think Priya, its time to take me out of your maya jugglery." Kanha smiled at here as she slowly straightened herself.

"But I'm loving to see you, not knowing atleast something about the future. You look less worried. To don't constantly keep thinking about it and that's what I want. My Kanha to be free from all this for atleast sometime." Dhriti held his hand.

"I am forever stable, and as long as you are with me, I will never feel restless about the future.
So.... Coming back to what I was saying, come on tell me." Kanha laughed, bringing back the topic.

"Fine fine. Its story time!" She giggled.

*Flashback*

"Afterall a daughter she is!  I knew it from the day she was born, a taint to our family." A fatherly man, pushed his daughter.

"Go away to wherever she has fled to. Anyways your Siya Mata has become more dearer to you than any of us." Her mother cursed.

"A mother is not only the one who brings us in this world. Mother is the one who raise us with all the love and―" The younger one's sentence was left incomplete as she was dragged outside the house.

A lone tear escaped her eyelid as she slowly turned behind to see the doors of her house, the gates of her parents hearts, closed for her.....Forever.
She was stranded. She couldn't walk back towards those closed doors, neither did she wished to ask for shelter at Prabhu Ram's feet.
She had lost all her strength, both mentally and physically as she found her life as a mere foul play for the payback of her past deeds.

She gained back her senses, away from questioning Prajapati's descision to put this all in her way when her feet touched the cool waters of river Sarayu.
A sarcastic laugh escaped her lips as she thought the number of times people told that Sarayu always washed away everyone's sins and prosper their lives with happiness.
She fixed her sight at the reflection of a 14 year old girl with ivory skin ,almond eyes and waved black hair staring back her. Gazing deeper into her own reflection, she saw her tear stained face blinking more and more fresh streams of tears.
She was strong enough to bear things without flinching and budging away from her thoughts and opinions. But this dejection had put her to a test, which she had terribly failed.
She laughed at her own fate and at the fact that Sarayu had accidentally taken away all her happiness and now she was left with an empty soul.