30

AN: I don't think you guys are ready for these upcoming chapters. It's gonna be a lot :)

Thank you all so so much for 5k. I literally went from 4k to 5k in less than a week...freaking insane.

Love ya!!

~Alex

●●●●●

My heart hurt. It physically hurt and I could feel every single little piece it had been broken into. I've never felt this type of pain before.

It was the type of pain that took your breath away and left you feeling broken and numb. Not only my heart felt broken, but my entire soul. My body. Everything.

Because I'm in love with you.

Harry loves me. But he also loved Maria.

And there's nothing I could say because I'm in love with him, but I also love Niall.

We were in the same boat at the moment and it was a boat that was threatening to tip over with every wave that rocked its wooden frame. The only thing keeping it from tipping completely over was mine and Harry's determination to prevent it from doing exactly that.

It was our now expressed and genuine love for each other that kept us from sinking under the strong, relentless waves.

"Come on, Aurora. Time to get up," Liam says softly, nudging my shoulder ever so slightly.

I was currently hidden away in my bed with my arms wrapped tightly around me and my knees pressed to my chest, wallowing in my own self-pity.

It's been two days since my argument with Harry and it's been two days since I heard him say that he loves me. God, did I love him.

There was nothing I'd rather do right now than run into his arms and hear him say those words to me over and over again. And there was nothing I'd rather do than tell him the exact same thing just so I could see that beautiful smile of his appear on his lips and wash all of my worries away.

"Rory, come on. We're going to be late for work," Liam interrupts my thoughts once again and I only sink lower into my bed.

Surprisingly, I went to work yesterday. I didn't feel anything. I just felt numb and I kept myself busy all day, trying not to think about Harry.

But today was a whole different story.

"It hurts," I whisper, my voice cracking as I feel myself verge on the brink of tears.

Liam sighs in defeat and drops a kiss to my temple, "Do you want to stay home then? I can handle things by myself today."

"No, Li. I need to get my mind off of him. Lying around in bed all day won't do me any good," I mumble, mentally preparing myself to get out of bed and start a new day that didn't include Harry, no matter how badly I wanted him to be there by my side.

I didn't need to be alone all day wallowing in my own self-pity just because my life wasn't going the way I wanted it to go.