20

AN: Wow. Chapter 20. I can't believe I've made it this far already. Thank you for 900 reads...it means so much to me.

I love you.

~Alex

●●●●●

Why the fuck would Niall be calling me? We haven't talked in years, and now all of a sudden he just decides to up and call me out of the blue?

Right as I move on and fall in love again, he's there to rip it all out from underneath as if he knows what he's doing. As if he knew I had fallen in love again and didn't want it to happen. Just when I'm happy and I'm no longer thinking about him, he reappears and pushes me back down that depressing as shit hole.

The worst part was, I didn't even know who to tell.

I couldn't tell Harry because he wouldn't know how to react, and honestly, I didn't know how to react either. Harry knew nothing about Niall other than he's famous and we used to be engaged. I definitely didn't need my now boyfriend worrying about my ex-fiance.

I couldn't tell my brothers because they'd immediately freak out and wouldn't have a clue what to do. They'd either insist that I call him back or just wait for him to call me again. Neither of those sounded ideal at the moment, and I'd rather just throw my phone across the room and sigh in satisfaction as I watched it shatter into a million little pieces.

I definitely couldn't tell McKenna. God knows she'd have something to say and it definitely wouldn't be good. Honestly, I couldn't go to her for anything. The only thing I could go to her for was if I wanted to cry and needed someone to put me down.

Liam sounded like the best option out of everyone. He understood what I was going through and would know what to do. In situations like these, who wouldn't go to their best friend?

"Harry," I walk back into his bedroom, my phone clutched tightly in my hands, "I have to go."

"What?" He sits up almost immediately, confusion filling his eyes, "Why? I want you to stay. Please stay with me, Flower."

My bottom lip slips between my teeth as I walk over to him and sit down beside him, "Liam needs me for something and he said it was an emergency," I look down at my lap as I speak, not being able to meet his eyes as I lie to him.

Lying. It was something that I hated doing, especially to the ones I love. I hated lying and I hated being lied to. But it was just something that came naturally to us human beings. We lied to get ourselves out of trouble or to keep secrets from each other.

And right now, I was lying to keep a secret from Harry that could potentially ruin us.

"Is everything okay, Aurora?" Harry asks me while placing his hand on my back, scooting closer to me.

No. Everything is not okay. Niall just called me and I have absolutely no idea why. What if he says he still loves me or he's calling to tell me he's engaged to someone else? I'm not even sure if I still love him or not. I think I do, but I love you too and-

"Yeah. Everything's fine," I breathe, finally looking up to meet his mint green eyes that have still never failed to take my breath away, "I just really need to go. I'm sorry I'm having to leave."

He shakes his head as his hand comes up to caress the side of my face, "Don't be. He's your best friend. I'd do the same for Louis," he smiles as his thumb moves back and forth across my skin.