Storm in the Room

Isabella relaxes on the couch, having taken off the outfit she had from being in the Zoo. She had walked back from the Big Donut. She suddenly looks up at the painting of Rose Quartz, feeling a bit uncomfortable. After hearing how her mother had shattered Pink Diamond and that she bubbles Bismuth away and never told anyone, especially Pearl and Garnet, the teen girl didn't know what to think about her.

Steven walks inside, noting how his sister was, and places his ruined dinner on the table, sitting down next to her and glancing at the painting as well. He sighs, "You know, sometimes I wonder if it's even her up there, smiling all day and night."

"I know. I just want to know the real Rose Quartz, the truth! Not the one everyone tells us about." Isabella's gem started glow, Steven's glowing as well as the Temple Gate opens up to Rose's room.

...

They cautiously enter the room, the door vanishing behind them once they do.

"Uhh...Hey room! It's been a bit huh? Is that a new cloud?" Steven points at a new cloud, chuckling sheepishly.

"Steven, let me..." Isabella sighs, "I want to see our mom, Rose Quartz."

Rose Quartz appears from the clouds as Isabella and Steven stare at her with blushes. Rose walks up to them and kneels before them, "Hello, Isabella. Hello, Steven."

Isabella holds her hand out, Steven following suit, "It's nice to meet you."

Rose giggles and shakes their hands, "It's nice to meet you too."

Steven giggles, "Um...Sorry, this is a little weird for us."

"That's okay, so what do you wanna do?" Rose asks.

"Oh, uhh...I guess we hadn't thought that far ahead." Steven says.

"How about video games?" Isabella asks as a video game console appears.

Steven and Rose begin to play a game called "Lonely Arms" as Isabella watches, sitting in between them.

"So tell me about this game." Rose smiles at them.

" It's kind of like an arm wrestling simulator, which is a spinoff of a fighting game. Based on a show about a lonely swordsman that Steven likes." Isabella explains.

"It's kinda weird and hard to explain, but, that's why I like it." Steven adds.

"That sounds just marvelous."

Steven and Rose play the game as Lonely Blade and Outgoing Fist respectively, and Steven beats Rose in the game.

"Yay, I won!"

"Yay, you won."

"What else do kids do with their parents?" Steven asks.

"I think they play sports." Isabella answers as a football appears on her hands.

The three begin to throw the football back and forth.

Steven catches the ball.

"Nice catch, son!" Rose gives him a thumbs-up and a wink.