♔₈

CHAPTER EIGHT
❛ the rescue ❜

"(L/N), WAKE UP!" Your eyes fluttered open, locking themselves with familiar black orbs— Yaoyorozu.  Adjusting the sunglasses that rested on your nose, you sat up, stretching your tired body. She had suggested disguises due to the villains already being aware of your identities. You had to admit— the outfits were a bit embarrassing, but Yaoyorozu did make a valid point. Currently, you had just arrived at your destination— Camino Ward, which took two hours by train from Musutafu.

"The location is shown a block away from the train station," Yaoyorozu announced. "Follow close behind me. Try to not draw too much attention to yourselves." As you all gathered your belongings, the group followed her off of the train, and through the crowded streets.

"It's pretty lively outside for how late it is..." Kirishima pointed out. Todoroki nodded in agreement.

"Stop," Momo whispered, holding up the tracker. "We're here." Peeking around the street corner, you all took in the sight of a regular old apartment building. There was nothing that particularly stood out about it, and it was in a pretty strange location for a hideout.

"The villain hasn't moved from this position for the past day, but we're going in completely blind sighted. There could be multiple villains, or even just one, and Bakugo may not even be at this location."

"I don't like this," Iida muttered. "We don't know what we're getting into. If things seem even the least bit dangerous, we're done here. I won't let any of you proceed." Midoriya shook his head in agreement.

"Let's go around the back," He suggested, "We might find something that'll give us some direction." One by one, you made your way down the street, careful not to draw too much attention as you met up in the alleyway.

"Alright, what now?" Kirishima questioned. You were all squished in-between two apartment buildings, and the closest windows were just beyond the large brick wall that was in front of you all.

"Here," Shouto spoke, lowering to his knees. "Get on my back, I'll give you a lift." Shuffling over to the bi-haired male, Kirishima mounted his shoulders, peering into the window above.

"It's kind've dark, I'm not really seeing anything—" He paused, a strangling noise suddenly escaping his throat

"Kiri, what's wrong?!" You questioned, looking up at his expression. His eyebrows were twisted, and his eyes were widened in utter terror.

"There's nomu's— dozens of them..." You all exchanged worried glances. Iida immediately shook his head, grasping onto Kirishima's arm.

"Alright, we're done here. We need to—" In a split second, a gust of debris came rushing through the alleyway. The apartment building came crumbling down, the heavy impact knocking you all to the ground.

"What happened?!" Yaoyorozu cried, wiping the dust from her eyes. You struggled to stand, the thick smoke and your newly-bruised leg weighing you down. A sudden hand grasped onto your arm, lifting you to your feet.

"Are you okay?" Shoto questioned, his eyes filled with worry. Your eyes grazed over the scratches the adorned his face. Quickly, you looked away, pulling your arm from his grip.

"I'm fine." You answered quickly. You turned your attention toward the brick wall— the newly destroyed building sitting just behind it. You were lucky that it held up with the force of the blast. Though you couldn't see over the wall, you could hear familiar heroes entering the ruins. Mount Lady, Best Jeanist— the pros were finally here!

"Oh, thank goodness," Iida let out a sigh of relief, dusting off his disguise. "The heroes are here, we weren't needed here after all." Kirishima let out a lighthearted chuckle.

"Yeah, let's head out the opposite way so we're not seen by the—" A sudden blast echoed through the alleyway, followed by piercing screams that ran everyones blood cold. You all froze, listening to what was going down just behind the fence.

"Amazing, that blast should've killed you all," A sinister voice began, "Best Jeanist, is it? What you did to deflect my attack was very impressive, but I'm not very interested in your quirk." Another loud impact, followed by another gust of debris took you all by surprise.

"All For One..." That voice— it was All Might. The familiar sound of the smoke portal opening met your ears, and you listened to the multiple bodies that began dropping to the floor.

"That was disgusting!!" Someone screamed, spitting whatever contents the portal had onto the ground.

"I hated that," Another yelled, "But I loved it!"

"... The hell was that?!" Bakugo. It was really him— he was still alive. The six of you exchanged hopeful glances. He was safe after all.

"You've finally arrived. I've been expecting you, All Might."

"Look," Midoriya whispered, "I have a plan—"

"Save it," Iida interjected. "We're not fighting, we've been over this. We need to get out of here, immediately. All Might can handle this now."

"I don't mean fighting! We could escape with Bakugo without being harmed. If you and I use our quirks for speed, and Kirishima's quirk to burst through the wall, we can make it to Kacchan within seconds. We'll meet at the train station afterwards." Tenya shook his head in protest.

"Do it." Todoroki ordered. "It's now or never— I'll stay behind and distract them with my quirk. (L/n), Yaoyorozu and I can escape once you've gotten their attention."  Cursing under his breath, Iida reached for Kirishima.

"Come on, let's make this quick." As the three males prepared their escape plan, you, Todoroki, and Yaoyorozu began running through your own.

"As soon as they reach Bakugo, we're getting out of here," You pointed to the opposite end of the alleyway. "We can head through here, and cross the street. If we cut through the next alleyway, we'll be at the train station without being seen."

Shoto began the escape plan, sending out a large wave of ice. The ice cut straight in-between the villains that had cornered Bakugo. Midoriya, Kirishima, and Iida were headed full-speed toward the blonde.

"Bakugo!!" Kirishima yelled. He glanced up, squinting at the sight of them coming toward him at full speed. He quickly caught on, and ran toward them with his hand out-stretched. They were gone within seconds, leaving both the villains and All Might himself stunned.

With that, the few of you left behind sprinted out of the alleyway and across the street. There was no looking back, you needed to get out of there and fast. Having a quirk like Hagakure's definitely would've came in handy now. As much trouble as you'll be in when you get back to school, it was all worth it in the end. Bakugo was finally saved, and would soon be back hom soon enough.