♔₁₄

CHAPTER FOURTEEN❛  provisional licensing exam  pt 2 ❜

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
❛  provisional licensing exam  pt 2 ❜

"CONGRATULATIONS TO THE HUNDRED students who have passed the first test." The announcers voice echoed throughout the building as you stood alongside your classmates, discussing the previous events that had taken place. Although some students chose to go off knowing their own during the test, your entire class had passed. Beginners luck, maybe?

"Now, please turn your attention to the screen." As the crowd of students chattering died down, your eyes shifted toward the screen that had flickered on, revealing the testing arena you were just in moments before. Without warning, explosives began going off. Mountains were falling, and buildings were collapsing. The testing site was being absolutely destroyed right before your very eyes.

"Huh?! What're they doing?!" Midoriya gasped at the sight. The crowd of students grew into an uproar, confused at what sort of test was going to take place next. What were you supposed to do in an arena that was demolished?!

"There's only one more round to the exam. Your goal is to undertake rescue exercises and save the bystanders who are trapped in these disaster sites." The screen displayed many groups of people, which ranged from children to the elderly,  in various environments that were undeniably dangerous. "The backstory is this; a group of villains have made a large scale attack against this city. You must rescue the bystanders while simultaneously protecting them. The first responders have unfortunately been delayed due to the damage. Until they arrive, it's the heroes duty to perform the necessary rescue exercises." Hagakure let out a gasp, as well as Asui. This was it— the reality of actual heroes.

"We'll be judging how well you keep these bystanders safe as you go about your mission. We'll be scoring you using a point system. If you have more points than the benchmark by the end of the test, then you pass the exam. Take care of any necessary preparations now before the test begins."

"It's like Kamino Ward ..." Midoriya commented. Iida nodded at the comparison. "Yes— it's quite similar."

"There were many casualties ..." You muttered. "... But this time, we can't take this test lightly." Your classmates shook their heads in agreement.

"With that, you may now begin the exam!" The building began to open up once again, revealing the now destroyed testing arena. Dust and debris shadowed the area, but 1-A wasted no time rushing forward. Many classes split into groups, preparing first-aid stations, as well as room for the paramedics before their arrival. You took note on how Bakugo ran away from the group, earning a frustrated groan from Kirishima. He shifted his path to follow behind Bakugo, soon joined by Denki. You shook your head, turning toward the rest of your class. You shouldn't be distracted, worrying about tothers and their own choices. It was your duty to focus on your own hero training, no matter what your other friends may choose to do. If you wanted to become a real hero, you'd have to pass this test. That was your main concern.

"We'll have to work with other schools if we want to save as many as possible!" Jiro yelled over the collapsing buildings nearby. You pointed toward a nearby site.

"Koji, use your quirk to have any nearby animals search for bystanders!" Koji nodded in response. Aoyama stopped in his tracks, shining his naval laser into the dark nearby rubble. Soon, many injured were being discovered, and rushed to safety. You were joined by some students from other classes, their specific quirks making certain rescue situations easier. The rivalry that was once standing between the classes seemed to dissipate, and your main concern shifted to the wellbeing of the citizens.

"(Y/n), they're freezing cold! Use your quirk to raise their body heat and take them to the first-aid station!" Asui, who had emerged from a nearby flood, dragged out an injured child using her tongue. They seemed to be unmoving, and blood dripped from their head. You wasted no time picking up the child, wrapping your heated arms around her body as you ran toward the first-aid station.

"You'll be okay!" You reassured in-between huffs. The child let out a whine, kicking and screaming in pain. As you neared the medical station, a sudden explosion went off. You were knocked off your feet, but luckily, you kept your grip on the child. As the smoke dispersed, a familiar pro-hero appeared— Gang Orca. He was surrounded by multiple men wearing black and white suits, holding various kinds of weapons.

"Can you rescue, and fight at the same time?" Gang Orca questioned the group of students, who were stunned at his sudden arrival. The injured bystanders that occupied the area began to panic, some even running away in fear.

"Hero candidates  should continue their rescue efforts while suppressing the newly-arrived villains!" The announcer exclaimed. Gang Orca's posey began to head toward the medical-station. Scrambling to your feet, you passed on the injured child to one of the students that were at the first-aid station, and you began to run toward the front lines.

"Get everyone to safety!" Shindo, one of the students exclaimed. "I'll start dealing with these guys!" He slammed his palms against the ground, and a sudden earthquake began to shake the ground below. His vibration quirk ripped through the concrete, taking many of the henchmen by surprise. They lost their balance, falling over one another and getting trapped in-between the rubble.

"I'll take it from here!" You called out, running past the student. Approaching one of the henchmen, you balled your hand into a fiery fist, slamming it against the villains jaw. He went flying backward against another one of the villains. You began your flurry of attacks against the henchmen, knocking a few of them unconscious before you cupped your hand against your mouth, blowing a gigantic gust of flames that cleared the area. The villains were forced to back away due to the intensity of the heat, but they refused to give up.

"That was quick, but not quick enough." spinning around, you locked eyes with none other than Gang Orca, who released an ultra sonic wave that rushed through both you, and Shindo's body. The ultra sonic wave rendered the two of you paralyzed. You let out a strained groan, falling to your knees.

"(Y/n), no!" Uraraka called out from nearby. She was accompanied by Midoriya, who began rushing toward you in an attempt to protect you. As Gang Orca raised a threatening fist, a sudden wall of ice crystals found their way in-between the two of you, protecting you from his attack. Was that ... Todoroki?

"Just in time." He commented. Before you could realize what was happening, you were scooped up by Midoriya.

"I got you, (Y/n). I'm getting the two of you out of here." As Midoriya began running toward Shindo, you noticed a violent gust of wind blow the ice crystals away. It was the same student from hours before. Todoroki seemed to get angry as his sudden interruption. Their argument was jumbled into a confusing mix of gibberish. They seemed to exchanged blows, and Todoroki's fire began heading toward Shindo. What was going on?! You felt yourself slowly losing consciousness, and before you knew it, your eyes fluttered shut, and your head fell against Midrzoiya's shoulder.