Chapter 8

Mila's POV

Ben spent the rest of the day with me. We stayed in my room and he showed me how to work the TV. Mom never made enough to buy one, and she didn't want to be the villain anymore. We left for dinner but thankfully Eve could tell that I wasn't in the mood to be social. After dinner, Ben had some princely duties to attend to regarding Family Day.

Eve came in the next morning and helped me pick out an outfit. She chose a cute burgundy halter dress with some black heels that lace up to my ankles. I threw on the necklace that Mom gave me before Eve insisted on doing my hair. She wouldn't let me see until she was all done so she had me sit on the edge of my bed while she worked. About half an hour later she finally let me have a look. She took the top half of my hair and did a curled ponytail but she left a few strands in the front to frame my face. Then she curled the bottom half of my hair.

"You look stunning," She said as we stood in front of my full-length mirror

"So do you," I replied. She was wearing a baby blue dress with various ruffles and a sweetheart neckline. It was accompanied by matching blue heels and a braided crown around her head. She also had snowflake earrings with a matching necklace.

A soft knock sounded at the door and Eve rushed to get it

A soft knock sounded at the door and Eve rushed to get it. Standing on the other side, in a lilac button-up and white dress pants, was Zache. He leaned down to give Eve a kiss but she turned her cheek at the last moment. "We spent hours looking pretty, you are not ruining it within the first hour," She said 'chiding' her boyfriend. He just nodded like he was used to her eccentric behavior.

"Well, you look stunning, darlin'," Zache said.

"Thank you. You look rather dashing yourself."

"I would have to agree," I said grabbing my purse and walking out the door, making sure to lock it. Eve wrapped her arm around Zache's and they walked down the hall. I followed close behind wishing that Ben would've been able to pick me up. Alas, he had last-minute preparations and final rehearsal early in the morning. He did, however, promise to come and find me when he was done.

They were just finishing their big number when the three of us walked out to the party. Eve's parents were waving at her so the two of them went in their direction. I walked over to the snack area and grabbed a strawberry and took a bite. Carlos soon joined but he left for the next table which had the chocolate fountain. He waved Jay over and they certainly enjoyed themselves.