Chapter 7

^Outfit above^

Mila's POV

Ben lifted my chin so our eyes met. "Maybe I can show you." He leaned in and this time I didn't turn away. I kissed him.

That night I went to bed dreaming of that kiss. The following morning came all too soon. I got dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a dressy maroon top. I accented it with some gold flats. I think some of Evelina's fashion tips were rubbing off on me.

The five VK's were sitting in Remedial Goodness class working on some worksheets when Fairy Godmother rolled in a TV. "Children, excuse me," she said, gaining our attention. "Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is Family Day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat." She walked over to the TV and hit a button on the keyboard resting in front. She made a come here motion and we all walked up.

On the screen were Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Jafar, and Cruella. At first, they were complaining about electronics but they must have gotten it to work because they jump startled. I walked back to my seat and continued working on my homework knowing that my Mom wouldn't be in the room with those four. Bad Blood you could say.

"Evie, it's Mommy. Oh!" The Evil Queen exclaimed. "Look how beautiful. Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

"Don't you mean the weeds," Maleficent said bitterly.

"Ooh! Who's the old bat?" Cruella asked.

"This is Fairy Godmother," Mal responded.

"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Maleficent asked condescendingly.

"I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage," Fairy Godmother defended.

"You really couldn't give Cinderella till one A.M.? I mean, really. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?"

"They were mice! They were not- They were mice. They were not-"

"Thank you so much. Thank you," Mal said, playing mediator. "Hi, Mom."

"Mal! I m-m-miss you," Maleficent said.

"You children are never far from our thoughts," Jafar said, giving his input.

"I got it. How long must Mommy wait to see you?"

"Um, there's a big coronation coming up," Mal said. "I think sometime probably after... that."

"When?"

"Friday, 10 AM."

"You sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do if I don't get my hands on that magic wan- you... you little nugget that I love so much."

"Yes, I completely understand, Mother."

"Carlos, is that a dog?" Cruella asked. "Oh, yes, yes, baby, I do understand. It would make the perfect size for some earmuffs." She let out a dark cackle.

"He's the perfect size for a pet," Carlos argued.

"Oh!"

"This dog loves me, and I love him. And FYI, your dog is stuffed!"

"Oh!"

"So give it a rest!"

"Oh-ho! Burn!" Jafar said laughing at Cruella.

"Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two-bit salesman!" Cruella snapped.

"People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones."