Chapter 46: Old Sellers

Start from the beginning

"Bash," I utter anxiously. "I know we're in a fight, but can we just talk for a moment?"

"What's going on?" He asks.

"Rayna relapsed."

He swears under his breath. "Is she okay?"

"I think so." I stare at the rows of candy. "I don't really know."

"Where are you?"

"I am at the hospital with Becky," I answer dully.

"Would you like me to come?"

I shut my eyes immensely grateful for him. "Yes," I breathe.

"Okay, I will be there soon."

...

The minute Sebastien joins us, I burst from my seat. Our eyes meet and he gives me a worried once-over making sure I am intact before Becky grabs him into a hug and says her thanks to him for coming. The receptionist interrupts our reunion and Becky breaks away from him.

"Hun, Miss Morales just awoke if you want to see her. Only one guest this time."

Becky looks at me in alarm.

"Go. Tell her we are here," I insist.

She nods her head before hurrying through the doors. I take the minute to observe Bash. He has on a light blue hoodie with black jeans. He appears calm, but I notice the stress lining his eyes. I don't know if these kinds of situations trigger him because of his dad.

"Thank you for being here," I express to him earnestly.

"It's no problem." He shoves his hands into his jean pockets.

"No. It is. I said some stupid stuff the other day. I am sorry Sebastien."

"It's okay Emma. I don't handle fights in the best way. My instincts are normally to run. You're not the only one at fault."

"No, it's okay. This time was definitely me. I never meant to push you away or blame you. I just I guess—" I close my eyes mortified. "I had a lot going on and then I felt extremely guilty that you broke up with Brittany. Because I felt like you did it because of me," I blurt.

He pauses examining my expression.

"Emma. Our breakup was not because of that night at my dad's. I am really sorry if I made things uncomfortable from it. That relationship with her had a lot of other problems. Trust me, you didn't do anything."

"Oh. Okay," I murmur rattled and avert my eyes. "I never want us to stop spending time together. I just got worried I was messing things up for you."

"Emma, I make time for you, because I want to. You are my best friend and always will be. I am here to stay Emma. No matter what. Hopefully, you feel the same."

Best friend, right. I clear my throat. "Of course I am always here for you too. I am sorry if I made you doubt that. Thanks again for coming tonight."

"Always. I wanted to be here for Rayna too. She deserves the support."

I nod my head and before long, Jess, Jared, and Lukas rush in and we all sit together in the waiting room. Jess gives us all a hug. Jared for once is quiet and Lukas looks crushed. I remember him telling me he was afraid they wouldn't see the signs before it could be prevented. It breaks my heart that they are probably pointing the finger at themselves.

Becky rounds the corner and Jess shoots up running to her. They cry and fiercely hug each other before Jess brings her over to us.

"How is she?" Jared asks quietly.

"She's going to be okay. She didn't overdose, but she has to start over again. She is angry at herself. I told her you guys were coming, but she didn't want to show her face to everyone. She's embarrassed," Becky answers.

Jared hangs his head and Jess pulls him into her chest.

"We would never judge her," Jess admits saddened.

"She knows. I think she just needs the night to process what she did."

The loudspeaker informs us visiting hours are over.

"We should probably go back to campus. They won't let us back in until morning," Becky adds. Everyone sullenly nods their heads in agreement.

"I was actually going to spend some time at the library. Did you guys want to join?" I offer.

"Honestly, that would probably be helpful," Jess replies.

"Yeah, I was going to stay, but it is probably better if I go with you guys," Becky says and Jess pulls her into a side hug.

I turn to Bash. "You coming?" I ask hoping.

He offers me a feeble smile. "Of course."

***
*author's note*
Not a happy chapter, but things are going to get better I promise! I'll give you a teaser. I'm planning on naming the next chapter "Mindfulness Deathtrap" any guesses on what might happen??? ;) Don't forget to vote!

Thank you!! Have a great weekend! Happy Valentine's Day to those who celebrate 💘