Something Strange

We all stood outside of the back of the tavern, the air filled with smog. It was quite ominous. I let out a small cough. "I'm fine." I muttered lightly.

"So, lad, what did you want to talk to us about?" Mr Wiggums asked, crossing his arms.

I turned the top hat in my hands. "Well, I don't expect you to believe me, but well, this is basically what happened." I took a deep breath and explained what brought me here.

Jack was twirling a knife in his hand. "So you're saying my top hat brought you here from the future?" I nodded in response, a bit intimidated by the Knife. "And you have no clue how to get back?" He caught it. I nodded again.

"That sounds... ridiculous." Mr Wiggums commented.

"Could you hand me that hat?" Jack asked, pocketing his knife. I gave him the top hat and he studied it closely. "That sure is mine. Where'd you get this?" He looked at me, judgingly.

"I ordered it online." I answered.

Jack looked bewildered. "I beg your pardon?"

"He's making words up." Mr Wiggums sighed.

"All that matters is that I got my hat back." Jack put his hat back on. His arm shot out, as if he was trying to reach out to grab something. "Argh- What's going on?!"

I felt dizzy. I put my hand to my head. "Ugh- not again!" I grumbled, as everything went blurry.

"Are you two alright?" Mr Wiggums asked, his voice growing distant.

"No, I'm not!" Jack growled, he was sprawled on the ground. "I still- UGH!!!"

I sat on the ground. "It'll be over in a bit." I muttered out, as everything faded out.