sob material because its so cute but feels angsty sfw

art by @/dabdabihawhawks on twitter

SUCH SOB MANY CRY
also short short one fo today. around 560 words because my creative juices have ran out and i start my freshman year tomorrow,,,,help
——————————————————————

"Are you happy, Enji?" Rei mumbled, leaning on her hand. Enji stiffened up. "Look at him, he looks like a monster. And we both know why he does." She added.

Enji didn't move or say anything. Rei sucked in a breath. "Look how peaceful he looks with Keigo. I've never seen him this. " She whispered as she admired them.  Enji quietly sighed, he fought with himself a bit. Was he the monster? Or was Touya?

"So, what are they doing with him? He's gonna go to jail, right?" Rei asked it broke her heart just thinking about it. Enji nervously started shifting his body weight between legs.

"They are thinking of putting him in some intense therapy. But for the meantime, he's gonna be on house arrest." He muttered. Rei nodded, still watching Keigo and Touya.

She smiled at the memory of them when they were kids, like when Keigo's handlers would let him come by the park twice a week or even sometimes maybe even more than that. That where Keigo met the Todoroki's. Of course, he was drawn more towards the eldest boy. He grew to adore the family and even thought of them as his own.

Touya and Keigo were super close. On any given day when Keigo was out, Touya was always there with him. They called themselves each others soulmates. Rei always thought that was so precious. There was no doubt about it, they were made for each other. Anyone who saw them together knew it too. There was no Keigo without Touya and there was no Touya without Keigo.

When Touya went missing. Keigo wasn't the same. He finally gave in to the Commission's new identity for him. He still came to the park to visit, but he wasn't like his usual self. Rei pulled him aside to talk about it once. Its been well over 10 years and everyday Rei remembers how Keigo described the loss of Touya to him.

"My whole world was just taken away from me, the only thing I wanted to live for, the only thing that motivated me to keep going. Everything is gone. My soulmate is gone."

"He's right there," Rei whispered. Enji shook it off, thinking it was just her acknowledging her missing son again. But it was actually a response to Keigo saying he lost his soulmate, his soulmate was right there. And they were finally at peace again.

"Heh...soulmates.' She muttered as she exhaled. Enji rolled his eyes, sitting down on the couch behind him. They watched as Touya started stirring, pulling Keigo even closer. He turned his head into the pillow in an attempt to shield himself from the bright lights. He knew there were people watching, and that made him uneasy. He tried quickly calming himself by placing his chin on Keigo's head, trying to make them even closer.

All that ever drove him was Keigo, all he ever wanted was Keigo. His everything was Keigo. After he became a villain, he always watched Keigo from the sidelines. Sometimes he'd sit on Keigo's apartment balcony just to feel closer to him again. It was risky, especially because Keigo always took off in his balcony but Touya didn't care.