Age is just a number (08/26/2020)

AN: GUYSSS thank you so much!! We hit 1k views, and it's only been a month:) I was going to wait a while before I posted again, but now I feel like I owe you:) so hopefully you like it!

"So what makes a serial killer" Dr. Spencer Reid said. He was training some students who were interested in being a part of the BAU.

One of the students raised his hand "When two murders are committed"

"Idiot" y/n said under her breath, or at least she thought.

"What, do you think you can do better?" The man asked y/n, with an angry tone

"Actually yes, the answer is three. I have also memorised practically everything in our textbooks, so I am well versed" y/n was one of those sassy 'don't mess with me bitch' type of girls. She had everything, a brian, a hot body, money, but she still did not feel content.

"Okay class settle down please" Spencer instructed

...

After class y/n decided to walk up to Spencer and ask a question.

"Dr. Reid I know that sometimes in the past the instructor can pick a student to be a part of the BAU when a replacement is in order. I also know that Mr. Hotchner recently left, so I would like to let you know that I would love to volunteer. But no pressure" y/n said what was on her mind, turned around and went home. Spencer never had a chance to respond.

...

Class seemed to flow as usual, Spencer and y/n had never discussed their past one on one conversation, until...

"Class you are dismissed, but y/n stay behind" Spencer ordered

The entire class gave y/n eyes, as she packed her bag and strolled to the front desk. Spencer waited until every last student had left, then proceeded to tell y/n the good news.

"So, welcome to the BAU, yo-"

"OH MY GOSH REALLY THANK YOU" y/n had cut him off and gave him a hug, she tried to end it but Spencer held her close a moment more.

"Well yes congratulations, but what I was saying, you still need to attend class, and this is a trial"

"Thank you, I don't know how to repay you?"

"Just be good in the field, and we'll be even" Spencer said with a smile. He then proceeded to lead y/n out, she was so shocked she seemed to be out of this world.

...

Y/n had arrived home, and she instantly called her mom.

"Mom, mom, guess what"

"What is it my angel"

"I GOT IN! You are now talking to someone apart of the BAU"

y/n and her mother talked for hours that night, mainly about y/n's exciting news, but also just to catch up and to see how they were both doing.

y/n's life was about to change, her first day was the very next day and she was ecstatic. This level of promotion was impressive for her, she was just about done with the academy, but was only 27.

The night before she tried on practically every item of clothing in her closet, just trying to find the perfect outfit for her big. y/n had decided on a black pencil skirt and a purple blouse, paired with black heels. She set aside her outfit on a chair in her room, all set up for the next day.

y/n then stood in front of her mirror in her pajamas, reciting how she would introduce herself.

"Firm handshake" "eye contact" "ok you can do this" "Hi, nice to meet you, I am the new Agent y/f/n y/l/n" "Nice to meet you"

...

It was her big day.

y/n arrived at the office ten minutes early, only to see the entire team there already. y/n making a mental note to come thirty minutes early next time.

"Hi! You must be the newbie" A blonde, colorful woman said

"Yes! Hi I am y/f/n y/l/n, it is such an honor to be here" she said, with a stomach full of butterflies.

The team then went around introducing themselves

"Hey I'm Derek, the muscle and hot one of the group, although it looks like I have competition now" he said with a smirk. y/n looked over towards Spencer's direction, and he looked almost uncomfortable.

"Oh shut up chocolate thunder, well my name is Penelope, I am the Technical Analysis.

"I'm JJ"

"Dr. Lewis"

"Rossi"

"Wow, well it is nice to meet you all"

y/n's first case was dealing with a serial killer who was kidnapping children in their sleep then killing them the following morning.

The whole team did a great job, they caught the man two days after they had arrived. y/n had a smooth transition into the team and actually figured out the last piece to the puzzle.

Once the team had arrived back, y/n sadly left the private jet and hopped into one of the BAU designated cars and went back to the office.

...

"Hey Dr. Reid how am I supposed to fill this form" y/n asked. This was her first time filling out post case forms, and she wanted to do it right.

Spencer walked over to her desk, ready to help. He bent down, his head lining up with her's, his nostrils filled with her perfume. He tilted his head down towards her paperwork catching a glimpse of her cleavage.

'Did he just look at my tits' y/n thought to herself 'omg shut up y/n no he didn't'

Spencer was totally checking out her tits.

After everyone had finished their files they slowly began to trickle out. It was just y/n and Spencer.

"Hey Dr. Reid do you want to get a cup of coffee after this?" y/n boldly asked

"y/n, like a date?" Spencer had a hint of concern in his throat

"I mean ya, what else would it be? You think I'm hot, I think you're hot. What's the issue?"

"I- well I don't think we should."

"But why" y/n began to get nervous

"Well because I am thirty nine and you are twenty seven"

"Age is just a number Dr. Reid"

AN: Sorry if it had a sloppy ending I wanted to post this tonight (which I am) but I got into and am still currently in a heated argument with a racist. Well you probably know how that goes, the fucking idiot was like cops are not bad. Like fuck you bitch ACAB

LOVE YOU XOXO

-Down and Dirty for Matthew Gray Gubler