the letters. | floyd leech

Start from the beginning

Both of you came to a stop in front of a door and your eyes started to sparkle, were you going to meet the others now? You sucked in a breath, hyping yourself up for an energetic greeting. However when Jade opened the door for you, like a gentleman, you suddenly got tackled by someone- making you lose your balance and fall on your back. "Eh~? You're not Jade." You stared at the culprit, he looked exactly like Jade just with droopy eyes and the darker strand of hair was on the other side- opposite to Jade.

Jade chuckled, looking down at the both of you- that little…! Did he know about this? Is that why he let you go in first? The culprit was atop of you, his arms hung loosely around your neck. It seems like he was supposed to give Jade a hug, though you caught it in place of him. The culprit let out a dry sigh, getting off you as Jade helped you up, muttering a small apology for putting you in the spot. Though you doubt that he really meant it, he had that same smile on his face after all.

"Floyd! What did I tell you about doing that?" Another figure emerged from the door, he had purple hair and glasses- shorter than the other two. Floyd just let out a sigh, "Ahh~ I get it, I get it. No need to repeat it the second time." He whined, raising his arm up to sling it around Jade's neck. "Ne, Jade~ who's the little shrimp you got there?" Before Jade could answer his question, the bespectacled man quickly interfered with the conversation- "(Y/N) (L/N), correct? I'm Azul Ashengrotto, Octavinelle's Dorm Leader." He had this suspicious aura around him, something about his smile was off- you knew it deep inside your guts. "I've heard a lot about you from Jade." He added and you glanced at Jade- wondering about how much he's told them about you. You nodded in response to Azul.

"You're correct. That's my name," and you glanced at Floyd who was next to Jade. "and may I know the name of the one who tackled me?" Azul's smile never faltered, "That's Jade's twin brother, Floyd Leech. I'm terribly  sorry for what he did earlier, he tends to be quite a handful."

You just smiled reluctantly, "A-Ah! No, it's okay." You felt a pair of eyes scanning you up and down, you turned around to see that it was Floyd- lazily leaning on Jade with an arm wrapped around his neck. You suddenly felt conscious, very conscious and you didn't like it one bit. Floyd was giving off bad vibes and you immediately knew that you should try to avoid him. "Then, shall we go inside for some tea-" Azul's invitation was cut off. "Dorm Leader Azul!" It was a fellow dorm member. Azul raised his eyebrows, signalling the random man to go on. "Th-This is bad! Someone is trying to cause a ruckus at the entrance!"

Azul could only let out a sigh, Jade chuckled while Floyd didn't look even the least interested. "Jade, Floyd. Come with me, let's take care of this matter." Jade put a hand to his chest, "Understood." While Floyd didn't even bother replying properly- "Ehh~ I'm not in the mood." Azul's grip on his cane tightened as he let out another sigh, 'It's one of his mood swings again, oh well.' he thought.

"Very well. Jade, let's handle this by ourselves. Floyd, keep Jade's guest company while we're away." Floyd didn't respond and you were just dumbfounded. Ruckus? You wondered what that might be but- you decided that it wasn't important for the time being. All you know is that you entered the room- that looked like an office, with the person that you just swore to avoid. Life was sure treating you well. You sat down on the velvet couch, not knowing what to do as you watched Floyd plop down across you on the other couch. Well, this was a bit awkward. The silence remained for a few minutes.

"Hey Shrimpy~?" Shrimpy? Was that your new name now? You furrowed your eyebrows in annoyance.
"Excuse me, I have a na-"
"Eh~ whatever. Tell me, what's your relationship with Jade~?"

What was up with this guy!? He cut you off mid-sentence and didn't even bother apologizing. You clenched your fists, trying to keep your smile and keep calm in front of Floyd. Through gritted teeth, "That's none of your business." Floyd stared at you menacingly, you tensed up. He suddenly felt dangerous to you. He stood up from the couch, walking towards you as you suddenly back up- sliding further along the couch as Floyd kept on getting closer. "What do you think you're doing?"