Chapter 4

"What the hell!" Shao Jun heard Marcello yell.

She stopped and turned back. What is it? She was about to ask. She watched him, knowing that whoever it was she was chasing was getting further away.

She watched Marcello claw at his eye's, and cringe under the lamp in Flavia's hand. Could it be? she asked herself, Eagle Vision?

It must be! she thought as she continued her chase. His father had it, and Giovanni before him. It is a family trait that much she knew for sure.

She was running fast through the rows, stopping once or twice to listen for footsteps. Finally she reached the end of vineyard and saw the footprints in the mud and the silhouette of a man about thirty yards off.

"What's happening to you?" Flavia asked setting Marcello down on the bed.

"I can't see right." Marcello answered, rubbing at his eyes.

Outside there was a gunshot. "What was that?" Marcello asked.

"I don't know." Flavia said walking to the door.

"No Flavia, wait!" Marcello whispered. She turned and saw him looking at her. His eyes opened wide. She felt as if he were looking through her rather than at her.

"What?!" she whispered back, "What is it?"

"Nothing."

She stood there, fear growing in her eyes. Marcello's obscured vision only allowed him to see Flavia's expression all the clearer.

That symbol, Marcello thought to himself. It was the symbol he saw on the wall. It was hanging from Flavia's neck.

"What is that look?" Flavia said while she slowly backed away from the door.

"What look?" Marcello answered. He found himself slowly advancing on his sister. But he did not care, the symbol on her neck was the same symbol that lead him to his father's belongings, and he needed to find out if it was real. His right hand reached out as if to grab her by the neck, his finger's stretched out ready to strangle her if he had to.

"Stop it," she shouted at him. "Marcello you're scaring me!!"

His grip tightened around her throat and she immediately fell silent. His left hand slowly found the spot on her chest where the symbol lie.

BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!

Three gut wrenching pounds on the door and Marcello's hands fell. Flavia fell to her knee's gasping for air, tears spilling out of her eye's like a dam that just gave way.

The door flew open, and Shao Jun stood in the threshold.

"I heard Flavia scream!" she said urgently.

"We heard a gunshot." Marcello replied coolly, his head swimming with questions.

"Mar--Mar--cello!" Flavia coughed. "He's, go--ne mad!"

Within the blink of an eye Shao Jun brought him to his knees. His arms were locked behind his back and his head was forced upward. Shao Jun stood over him, staring into his eye's.

"What are you doing to him?!" Mother demanded, standing in the doorway. She clenched at her heart as she walked into the room.

"Mother!" Flavia cried as she threw herself at her mother's feet. "Marcello, he's going crazy. He tried to kill me."

"Quiet!" Shao Jun spat, her Asian accent held strong.

"What are you doing to me?!" Marcello pleaded.