Whimsical World

I slowly opened my eyes to a bright white light, Sitting up I realized that I hadn't died, I was just in the Hospital Wing. Even worse. I saw all the Weasleys were here, they were surrounding a very alive Ginny and Ron. Ginny was in the bed across from me and Ron next to her. I was by Anya. Potter was sitting next to me, covered in blood. "Hey, you're awake."

"No, I died." I dead-panned.

"Funny, you are just hilarious." He said in a mono toned voice while rolling his emerald green eyes at me.

"How did I get here? What happened?" He explained how once they went down into the chamber Lockhart tried to use a memory erasing spell against them with Ron's wand. Since Ron's wand is broken the spell backfired and made him forget everything. So basically nothing changed there, Lockhart was always a brainless git. Then Ron and Lockhart got separated from Harry and he had to carry on alone. Harry killed the basilisk that attacked the students and completely destroyed the diary.

"Okay, so you explained what happened, but how did I get here?" I asked. Apparently I was gone by the time they got out.

"No clue." He nodded at me and went over to check on Ron. That was helpful. Madam Pomfrey noticed I was up came over to check on me.

"Madam Pomfrey? How did I get here?" I asked, I know I was unconscious and couldn't have walked up here or alerted anyone.

"Oh, that young man over there. He came running in here carrying you, he was very concerned about you." She nodded over to Fred, Ginny's older brother, who was making Ginny laugh at that moment. I thanked her and she told me I was free to go, even though she wanted to keep me, I was perfectly healed. I didn't want to disturb the Weasley family so I decided to just go to the common room. As I passed them I made eye contact with Fred and sent him a small smile before leaving. How did he even know where I was? He must have run up so many flights of stairs carrying my lifeless body. Why was he even out of the common room? My mind was reeling with so many thoughts and questions that I didn't realize that I was in the common room.

The entire common room was packed full of students, they had heard that Ginny and I were taken into the chamber and had waited up for more news. Before I could get upstairs Professor McGonagall came into the common room and told us how the chamber had been closed. The culprit caught and all those petrified would be un-petrified by tomorrow. Since I already knew all this I started heading up the stairs again, I just wanted to be alone with my thoughts.

"However," Professor McGonagall continued, "We are hoisting an impromptu feast. No changing required, you're pajamas are acceptable this time. Also you can sit where ever you like!" I went upstairs and changed into some pajamas, before heading down. Walking in, the whole school was gathered, teachers included. Everyone was in pajamas and people were sitting wherever they wanted. You couldn't even tell who was from what house. I walked to the Gryffindor table and sat next to Neville. I wasn't up for a celebration, I know that Riddle is forever gone and Ginny and I are not in trouble but I can't help feeling responsible still. The house-elves sent food up and Hagrid and Professor Dumbledore had returned to the school. Professor Dumbledore announced the Lockhart would not be returning next year, and that school exams were cancelled. Fifth and Seventh years would still have to take their O.W.L.S and N.E.W.T.S, but there would be exceptions made for them to take the test during Summer Holidays. Those who were petrified came in around 5 in the morning. Ginny, Anya, and Colin came in together, I ran to them and we had a very tearful reunion. The four of us sat back down next to Neville; Ginny and I promised to tell everyone everything on the train.

The rest of the final term passed in a haze of blazing sunshine. Hogwarts was back to normal with only a few, small differences - Defense Against the Dark Arts classes were canceled and Lucius Malfoy had been sacked as a school governor. He was the one who had slipped the diary into Ginny's cauldron. My blood absolutely boiled when Ginny told me. I was glad that they had disowned me, I wanted nothing to do with that despicable family. I had received numerous letters from Andy, Tonks, and Ted demanding to know what happened and asking if I was alright. I sent a brief letter back to them and promised to tell them everything when I got home.

Too soon, it was time for the journey home on the Hogwarts Express. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Ginny, Anya, and I all squeezed into a compartment. Gin and I talked a little about what had happened and Harry told us about the Chamber. Afterwards we used what little time we had left to do magic. We played Exploding Snap, set off the very last of Fred and George's Filibuster fireworks, and practiced disarming each other by magic.

"Ginny - what did you see Percy doing, that he didn't want you to tell anyone?" Potter- Harry, asked. I needed to get used to calling them by their names. Potter did save my life after all.

"Oh, that," said Ginny, giggling. "Well - Percy's got a girlfriend." Fred dropped a stack of books on George's head.

"What?"

"It's that Ravenclaw prefect, Penelope Clearwater," said Ginny. "That's who he was writing to all last summer. He's been meeting her all over the school in secret. I walked in on them kissing in an empty classroom one day. He was so upset when she was -- you know - attacked. You won't tease him, will you?" she added anxiously.

"Wouldn't dream of it," said Fred, who was looking like his birthday had come early.

"Definitely not," said George, sniggering. I rolled my eyes at their antics and silently told myself to try to thank Fred for carrying me to the Hospital Wing if I had the chance.

Anya turned to Ginny and I and gestured for us to talk. We huddled close and she started talking. "We should all agree that if anything is going on we need to tell each other. We need to be there for each other no matter what. I don't want to be left out. We are best friends, sisters. Can we all promise that?"

"I promise to tell you guys everything." Ginny stated

"I promise to come to you guys no matter what." I went next.

Gin and I looked at Anya who looked at as nonchalantly before smiling, "I promise to be the glue that holds us together and always be there for you." We laughed and got off the train once it arrived at the station. This year ended far better than last year, I had amazing friends; a family that cares for me; and a bright future ahead of me. I can't wait for what the world has next for me.