Enchanting

This is exactly how I imagine the Tonks' house, just picture it without the snow and this is what Gemma sees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No." I shook my head adamantly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"This is how I travel. It is the only way I like to travel. Now get in or I will leave you..." Andromeda stated. She swung her body down into the metal contraption she called a "car". With one last look back at the train station; knowing that I had no other option, I opened the door and got in the horrible muggle death trap. Once I was strapped in, which took quite some time, Andromeda started driving towards her home. "It is just like the train the Hogwarts or the Knight Bus. Although it is safer and slower than the Knight Bus."

"Hmmm." I stared out the window and watched the city turn to grasslands and then fields.

After an hour Andromeda turned to me, "We will be arriving at the house in a less than an hour. The house is not much, but it has been in Ted's family for generations. It is very old, but when Ted turned 17 he was able to use magic to fix it up a bit. His parents were overjoyed; they died a few years ago."

"How?" I asked my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Muggles do not live as long as we normally do, they will live as old as 100 years. Miranda died from Pneumonia, she just turned 60 and Arnold died at 63, two years later. He had a heart condition and his heart gave out. It is sad, but they are in a better place now. They would have loved to meet you." She smiled sadly at me and I grimaced at the thought of meeting a muggle, before I corrected myself. Unfortunately Andromeda saw me.

"I understand that it is very hard to shake the family teachings. You are going against everything you have been taught since you were a babe. However, you must get used to this. The sooner the better, Ted is willing to take you into the Muggle-world and show you some things. Promise me that you will keep your mind open, and try your hardest to give all this a chance." This time she looked at me with an expectant look.

"I promise." I stared at my hands and made a mental note to do better next time.

"Good," She sighed. "Now, if you feel comfortable about it, please tell me about your first year. The good and the bad, I would like to know more about you."

I told her all about my father's expectations for his only pure-blood daughter and how I disappointing him at every turn. How I was sorted into my family's rival school house and now they all disowned me. The part about all the awful things that I said to all the people in my school house was the hardest part to tell her. 

After that I told Andromeda all about helping Neville and Eddie and realizing that my family was wrong about what they believe. I tried not to cry when telling her about spending the last few months of my school year completely alone, but a few tears managed to escape.

Andromeda took one hand off the wheel to gently wipe away one of my tears and lightly squeezed me shoulder. "If you really want to change things at school and become a better person then you really should apologize to those you hurt. All of the Weasleys, including Molly. It would be nice if you would write her a letter and apologize for the horrible things you said about her, whether they were said to her face or not. If you want to we can make a list this summer of everyone and figure out what you want to say to them. Apologies work best in person, but we can just send Molly a letter for now. Would you be willing to do this?"

I thought it over and finally said yes. "I would like to make amends for everything and make next year a new start."

"Great. It would be good for you if you wrote to that Eddie boy. You could really use a friend, at least writing him a letter would be a great thing to do."

Toujours Pur: Chamber of HorrorsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara