08 - Sunday surprise

Start from the beginning

Chardonnay chills with the opps, they sent her to steal your watch - she's an opp thot.

Rolling my eyes, I hammered on Kehlani's door. I could hear the quiet padding of her footsteps behind the door.

"What is it, J?" yawned Kehlani.

"Why do you keep bringing Char-"

I was tackled to the ground by Katana, who pulled me into a warm and comforting hug. "Happy belated birthday!"

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Chardonnay's POV

I could hear Jasiah mention my name upstairs with Kehlani and Katana. Sighing, I lifted out the remaining pancakes out of the frying pan and placed them on the stack that I had already fried. I was making breakfast for the girls since I was the only one awake at the time but it looks like I'll also be making breakfast for Jasiah as well. Nervously, I separated the pancakes, plantain and egg sauce onto six different plates on the kitchen island. I put the cartons of pineapple juice and apple juice next to them. And yes, apple juice is better than orange juice. Anyway I was laying out cutlery on the plates when I heard a knock on the front door. I froze. The chattering upstairs ceased as well. Jasiah tiptoed down the stairs with Katana following closely behind him. He stared at me as if was my fault someone was knocking. A dark figure was looming behind the front door's frosted glass.

"Go open the door then," hissed Jasiah as he held a long knife defensively.

Shaking my head, I walked towards the door. It was probably a postman. I unlocked the door and saw a short woman staring at me. Besides her was a pram, complete with a sleeping baby.

"And who might you be?" asked the woman kindly.

My jaw shifted. She was the epitome of perfection. Her impossibly wide hips and slim waist along with her warm brown eyes made me feel uncomfortable. She was too perfect. Compared to the other girls in Jasiah's house, I was nothing special. I didn't belong here and I could see that now. Maybe Anna was right. I am a deadting. How silly of me to even think that I had a chance with Jasiah. Well it didn't matter anymore, I'm a 'little thief' now.

"I'm Chardonnay Obiaka," I mumbled.

"Oh, that's nice," she beamed. "I'm Jasiah's baby mum, I'm just here to collect child support."

"Sorry?"

"This is our child," she grinned, pointing towards the pram. "She's only two."

The woman pulled out the baby, holding her close to her chest. Nauseous, I gripped the wall. Jasiah was a baby daddy?

"Ay, Chardonnay who's at the door?" yelled Jasiah.

I rolled my eyes. "Your baby mum."

I had enough trouble for the past two days. Gang members, bullies, death threats, accusations of theft and now a baby mum. It was too much. I pushed past her, grabbed my bag on the porch and fled back home.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Jasiah's POV

I was sitting on the couch, hand on my shank when I heard Chardonnay say she was talking to my baby mum. Confused, I stood up as Chardonnay dashed out of the door. I stopped when I saw who was smirking at me on the porch.

 I stopped when I saw who was smirking at me on the porch

Chiantí Williams, 19 (looks like Yodit Yemane)

"Hey baby, long time no see," she grinned, her breasts threatened to spill out of her leather dress.

What kind of witch decides to wear black leather at 11am on a Sunday morning?

"Get thee behind me Satan!" I growled, slamming the door in her face and locking it.

I don't need anymore devils around me. Not Anna. Not Chiantí. Chiantí isn't my problem. A whiff of sweet smelling food captured my attention, pulling me into the kitchen. Chardonnay had made breakfast for all of us.

"Who was at the door?" asked Katana quietly.

"Your bestfriend," I muttered, biting into my pancakes.

I didn't have to look at Katana to know she was incensed. I mean who wouldn't be by that piece of work. Yes, I said piece of work because not only is Chiantí a different breed of tapped but she also bought her body from a plastic surgeon.

However, Katana's hatred for Chiantí was deeper than mine. Maybe it was because Anna was Chiantí's cousin but I couldn't be sure. What I was sure of though, was that I needed to set things straight with Chardonnay. Thief or no thief, she deserved to know the truth about Chiantí. I would have to ask Kehlani for Chardonnay's number after I finished my breakfast - the breakfast that Chardonnay made.

Oh and to the little pickney who's reading this and hasn't voted, I'm watching you.

- Don't give into anger, control your emotions. Don't let your emotions control you. Otherwise you may do something unforgivable.

And entrance, Chiantí Williams, Katana's sworn enemy. And the baby mum of Jasiah? Will Chardonnay cope with this new revelation? Find out in the next chapter and as Jasiah said, don't forget to vote - Jaymunni