Burn ~ Cleril (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

"I can melt it off for you." She offered, reaching a talon into her neck-pouch. She produced a red diamond, the color of fire, and pushed it into her bracelet with a click. Instantly, smoke started rising from her scales and she raised her talons, reaching them out. Slowly, she walked towards him, a wicked grin on her face.

"EEEEEE!" He promptly turned tail, LIFTING his talons. A paper sat calmly where they once were. "Oh, look! Hehe, they came off! No need to burn it away. I'm good, Peril! You can leave now." He speed-walked back to where he was sitting before.

She jumped in front of him, spreading her wings and blocking him. "Not so fast." She declared, glancing down at the paper. "Is that a RainWing? That's not ANY RainWing, that's KINKAJOU."

"Shut up!" He whispered loudly through his teeth. "Please?"

"Hmm...how about no? Here you are, calling ME obsessed with Clay, when you're PAINTING portraits of your secret RainWing girlfriend! HA!"

"Okay, okay. You got me. I'm sorry for making fun of you. Now can you please leave?" He reached his talons out to push her out, then seemed to think better of it.

"Wow, I'm offended. You sure are eager to get rid of me, are you?"

"No! It's just...I don't want you to tell everyone about me and Kinkajou. We're trying to keep it on the low, seeing as my sister's a princess, and Anemone, being Anemone, would 100% tell everyone. Since she's kinda gossip queen, once she knows something, the entire kingdom of sea knows, which also means Tsunami would know, and then my brothers would hear about it, and then my mother would find out. If she found out..." He shuddered. "I don't even want to think about it. Same with my brothers. It would get really ugly really fast."

She grinned. "Sounds entertaining. I wasn't sure whether or not to tell other dragons, but now I definitely will. Thanks for the recommendation."

He frowned and paused to think for a second, stroking his chin with two claws. "Fine then. If you tell ANYONE I don't let you tell, I'll make you regret it.

She laughed. "Not worried about it."

Turtle narrowed his eyes at her. "Good. Now can you leave?"

"Alright, fine. I'll leave you to your beautiful painting of your overly enthusiastic RainWing girlfriend. Hope it turns out well!" She snickered, then left the cave. As she sauntered out of the opening, she popped the shining gem back out of her bracelet and dropped it in her pouch.

"At least she didn't see the back." He muttered. She heard the rustling of the paper as it was flipped over.

Her head shot back around the corner. "What was that?"

He slammed his talons onto the floor, over the paper AGAIN. "NOTHING! Bye!"

She narrowed her eyes, then let it go. After all, she had more important things to think about.

Clay, Clay, Clay. Oh, wonderful Clay! I love you-

"CLAY! Ack! I mean-um-oh wait, hi Marsh."

Clay's BROTHER looked very confused. "Um, hi?"

"How's it going?"

Did you try to kill any more IceWings? Oh wait...that was your sister. She ALMOST, but didn't say. She had a feeling that wasn't exactly the right thing to do, nor one of the heroic, noble thoughts she wanted to have.

"Alright, I guess." He answered, shrugging. "How about you?"

"Oh, pfft. Y'know, just doing the normal thing...What would be the right thing to say here? Just chilling, except, I'm not, 'cause, y'know, firescales and all. I can't really be chilling if I'm always on fire, right? But I'm not right now. My firescales are off, see?" She lifted her talons, but Marsh just stared at her with wide eyes, blinking slowly. "You know what? Nevermind. You wouldn't happen to have you seen Clay anywhere by any chance, right? Also, did you know Turtle and Kinkajou are dating?"