Burn ~ Cleril (Part 3)

This is my shot at a happy, light-spirited story with no crying, depressing parts, or angst. It's new to me, so let me know what you think!

Also, if you haven't read part 2, a lot of this will confuse you, and if you haven't read part 1, then a lot of part 2 will confuse you :)

~{o}~{o}~{o}~

~Peril~

What a month it had been.

She was dating Clay. CLAY! SHE was dating CLAY.

What was Peril doing? Well, you see, she was walking happily down a hallway at Jade Mountain, whistling a merry tune and thinking all was right with the world.

Was she overreacting? Not in the slightest. I mean, after all, it was HIM.

And what a coincidence that she just HAPPENED to be thinking of him at that moment.

Anyone who knew Peril well would have to disagree.

Except maybe Clay, because he's a big, sweet, doofus.

At any given point in the day, whether it be morning, afternoon, or night, it was highly likely that he's where her mind was. Even in her sleep, all she ever dreamed about was the kind MudWing.

Of course, it didn't help that they slept in the SAME BED, but that was aside from the point.

Also, did she mention that she was DATING him?

Okay, maybe I'm a LITTLE obsessed with him and maybe I'm overreacting a BIT, but he's my BOYFRIEND. Doesn't everybody get this excited about their significant other?

"Nope, I'm pretty sure that's just you." A voice called out from her left.

She whirled around to look into a sleeping cave, empty except for one puddle-looking SeaWing. Except, the puddle looked a bit less...puddly.

"Oh moons, did I say that out loud?" She crossed her claws and closed her eyes, tilting her head to the sky, except there was nothing but rock above her. "Please don't say I said that out loud. Please don't say I said that out loud."

Turtle laughed. "Yes, Peril, you said that out loud. But honestly, what's new? That's like the fifth time I've overheard you talking about him this week."

Her face grew hot. Yes, she could still feel heat in her face because it was INSIDE of her. Turns out, being fireproof was only on the outside. "Well," She sputtered. "I'm sorry YOU don't have a girlfriend to talk about." She thought for a second. "Or boyfriend."

Turtle wrinkled his snout. "Matter of fact, I DO have a GIRLFRIEND to talk about. I'm just not obsessed with her, like you are with Clay."

"Oh yeah?"

"Oh yeah."

She narrowed her eyes and noticed that he was doing some weird, shuffling, stepping, thing with his talons, keeping them firmly rooted to the ground and strangely close together.

There!

She caught a flash of something white as one of his claws slipped.

"Lift up your talons for me, then."

Turtle flushed red. "Uh-ermmm, I c-can't."

She raised an eyebrow. "Oh? And why is that?" She challenged.

"I ahhh...they're glued to the ground." He lied

"Really? They are?" She asked, playing along.

He seemed relieved she'd bought his horrible lie. "Yes! They are! Wow, this glue sure is sticky."