I snapped back to my senses when I yawned loudly. "Riveerrr," I laughed while pulling away from his grasp. Silently, I grabbed his hand and dragged him back to bed.

"I promise I won't go to sleep but we have to lay down," I said and pushed him down on the bed. He sighed and pulled my next to him. "Let's watch a movie then."

We decided on watching a marvel movie because "the action will keep me awake," well at least that's what he said.

River laid back and I put my head on his chest. The movie turned on and he started stroking my hair. After only fifteen minutes, River's phone rang and he got up to answer it, resulting in me letting out a small whine.

He gave me a sympathetic smile and muttered sorry, then walked out to answer. I continued watching until I felt my eyes drooping. River won't mind if I just close them for a second, right?

A second turned into a few minutes, and soon enough I let sleep overcome me.

River's POV
My phone rang and I was going to ignore it, but the caller ID read Ryan so it must be important.

"What do you want?" I answered, not bothering to hide the irritation in my voice.

"Sorry boss, but I have important news. Isaac wasn't working alone, we found three more moles an hour ago."

"Dammit, okay have them ready for questioning in an hour, I'll be there," I replied and hung up without waiting for an answer.

I furiously ran my hand threw my hair a few times and punched the wall.

Cove. I totally forgot about her. Hopefully I didn't scare her.

I hesitantly went back in, but luckily as soon as I entered I found her asleep again. This must be an exhausting week, It's barely even Wednesday.

After staring at her for a hot minute, I realized that I must look like a creep so I quietly walked over to her beautiful sleeping form. I dragged my finger down her face and smiled. She's so beautiful.

My smile dropped once I remembered that I have to leave. I don't know if I should leave her here and let her sleep, or bring her home. Dealing with the moles might take a while, but I just don't want her to go.

"River?" Cove asked and opened her eyes a tiny bit. "I'm right here baby," I answered with a smile.

She raised her arms and I instantly picked her up. "Cuddle with me?" She asked while burying her head into my shoulder.

"Only for a little bit," I said and laid down with her still in my arms. She quickly fell back asleep, but not before muttering "please don't leave." Oh Cove, I wish I could stay.

I reluctantly untangled her from my arms after a few minutes and gently set her on the bed. Then, I pulled up the covers and kissed her forehead, whispering a goodbye.

What is this girl doing to me? I thought as I drove away from my house. I may not have an answer now, but whatever it is, I love it.

🌊 🌊 🌊 🌊

I arrived to the warehouse and stormed in. All the anger that temperately left while I was with Cove came right back. And it hit me like a truck.

No one, and I mean no one, messes with me when I get like this. One mistake and I won't hesitate to shoot you.

I got to the elevator and pressed the last button. Floor X.

The elevator shook and started its decent. Every second that passed made me angrier and angrier. How could I let this happen?