Chapter 1

ⓃⓄⓋⒺⓂ︎ⒷⒺⓇ ①⑤, ②⓪①⑦

"Baby girl will you go get plates then wake up the boys," the tall brunette asks over his shoulder. He flips over the few pancakes that he had on the stove.

"Yeah, sure" I open the cabinet and climb onto the counter to reach the plates. I hear Jonah start to chuckle and what sounds like a photo being taken behind me so my guess is that he turned around to see me on the marble. That's the thing about living with guys. They're all freakishly tall and I'm five foot three.

I put the plates down on the center island and go upstairs to get the other boys. The first door I come to is Daniel's and Jack's. I knock on the door a few times but don't get an answer so I walk in to see Daniel with a pillow covering his face and Jack's upper body hanging off his bed and drool running up his cheek.

"Guys breakfast is ready, get up," I say shaking the curly-haired boy.

Jack groans and swats my hands away so I move over to Daniel and start hitting him with the pillow that was covering his face.

"Adalyn Rae hit me with that pillow one more time" the blue-eyed boy warns snatching the pillow out of my hands and throwing it across the room.

"Just get up guys stop making this difficult we have an interview with Teen Vogue today in two hours and we all know it's gonna take Zach that long to shower," I say yanking their covers off of them and walking towards the door of their room.

The next door was Corbyn's, Zach's, and Jonah's room. I knock on the door like I did with Daniel and Jack but this time the door actually opened from the inside. Corbyn stood in the doorway rubbing his eyes while looking down.

"Breakfast is ready and we have two hours until the interview so get ready and everything" Corbyn nods and wakes Zach up by smacking him hard with a pillow. I heard a loud groan and a couple more whacks from the pillow hitting the young boy. I laugh at the two and go back downstairs. My phone on the counter buzzes a few times letting me now I have a notification from something. As I walk up to it I see it's Instagram and I read the little description it gives me.

"You didn't" I groan.

"Oh come on it was funny," Jonah says coming over to hug me. I just roll my eyes and open my phone to see the picture of me on the counter.

~~~~~

jonahmarais: I asked her to get plates👥: adalynmoore

👥: adalynmoore

Liked by corbynbesson, imzachherron, and 638,927 other people

User: you boys are so mean to her😂

User: shes a full mood

imzachherron: short people problems adalynmoore 😂
- adalynmoore: you're not funny
- seaveydaniel: it's flippin hilarious

adalynmoore: that's it I quit bye guys
- User: oop🤭
-corbynbesson: oh come on they're the ones making fun of you. Don't leave me with these psychos
- adalynmoore: fine I'll stay for you

gabbieegonzalez: you know what's fun about being short jackaverymusic imzachherron seaveydaniel jonahmarais
- seaveydaniel: what
- adalynmoore: we have an all-access pass to the kneecap and groin area
- jackaverymusic: I didn't pick on you
- adalynmoore: fine I'll spare your future children
~~~~~

After everyone ate and continued to pick on me for being short everyone gets dressed and we headed to the interview and got into our places. We got a count down for when the camera would start recording and we all said the intro we were told to say.

"What's up Teen Vogue we're Why Don't We and this is the compliment battle yeah," we say for the fifth time finally saying it altogether. Up first was Corbyn and Daniel.

"I get lost in your eyes so be sure to map out your eyes first"

"Corbyn I would rob all the stars from the sky if it meant you would always be surrounded by love and happiness and-" Daniel got cut off by Corbyn laughing.

Daniel laughed and pressed the buzzer that was on the little table between them.

"I couldn't do the 'and'. The 'and' got me" Corbyn says still laughing.

After Corbyn and Daniel have another round, Zach and I were up.

"I'm prepared for this. You are going down" the brunette in front of me says making his voice go deeper near the end of his sentence.

"Adalyn" Zach sighs "I'm not a photographer, but I can picture us together" he finishes with a sheepish smile.

Corbyn, Jonah, Jack, and Daniel all let out laughs and whistles making it harder to not laugh.

"On a scale of one to America, how free are you tonight?" I read off the card smiling widely.

"If you don't say America I will," Jonah said laughing and pointing to himself.

"Did it hurt when you fell from the vending machine because you a snack"

"Nah B I'm a whole buffet learn the difference," I say back snapping my fingers near his face. He finally busted and started laughing hysterically.

"Yes, I won" I pump my fist into the air and smack the buzzer.

After a couple more rounds of Zach against Jack and Jack against Daniel. It was my turn and I was going against Corbyn.

"Excuse me but I think I dropped something... MY JAW" the faux blonde says opening his mouth wide. I just nod my head and start reading from my card.

"It's no biggie your just the best person ever" I emphasize the last couple words. The boys next to us were trying to keep it together but weren't doing so well.

"A cup of Adalyn is good for my soul," Corbyn says with a wide smile.

Jack and Daniel both lost it. Jack started making some weird noise and made me laugh.

"Does it count if they make you laugh?" I ask pointing at the four beside us. The people behind the camera just nod their heads and I slam the cards down and they hit the buzzer making it sound off making us burst into another fit of laughter. I walk back to the little table and now I'm facing Jonah.

"I love your face I want to squeeze it," I say leaning over.

"Squeeze it you won't squeeze it" Zach pipes in.

I reach over the table and lightly pinch the older brunettes cheek.

"Please call nine one one" he starts

"Okay"

"Because you made my heart stop" he finishes.

Jack holds up his hand like a phone to his ear. "Nine one one"

"I'll call 'em" the youngest said.

"Uhh you made Jonah's heart st- well Adalyn made Jonah's heart stop," the curly-haired boy says with a straight face. Jonah and I try to hide our laughs but fail miserably.

"How could you mess up that bad. You had one job" I gasp for air.

We play more rounds and we end with Jack and Jonah. Jack won and pressed the buzzer making another funny noise.

"Alright thank you Teen Vogue for having us that was compliment battle we're Why Don't We and thanks for watching," Daniel says leaning against Jonah.

We all walk out of frame pressing the buzzer as we go.