Chapter 17

Daniel's pov

I opened my door to see layla standing there. I was surprised. 'Layla, what happened?' I asked her. 'I just thought about visiting you. Is that a problem?' she asked me. 'No, you can visit me anytime you want.' I said letting her in and closing the door. 'Layla, there is something I have been wanting to tell you.' I said going near her and holding her hand.

She looked up at me and smiled. She had never smiled at me like that. 'Don't say anything Dan, just....' she said wrapping her hands around my neck.

'Layla........' I whispered and put both my hands on her waist. I leaned down and out lips met. I started kissing her and she kissed me back with equal passion. I pulled her even closer and started kissing her neck.

'Layla, you are so so beautiful. God! How could anyone be this beautiful?' I whispered in her ear snd continued.

That's when I heard a really annoying tone. It sounded like my alarm, I ignored it.

It kept ringing and finally I opened my eyes. 'What the hell?' I yelled and saw it was my alarm clock. I was lying in my bed hugging my pillow.

I looked around in confusion. Layla was not there and my bedroom door was closed.

I DREAMT ABOUT LAYLA. Great. It was not just a dream. My mind interjected. I rubbed my forehead and got up. I went to workout and then took my shower.

What the hell? I literally saw layla in my dream. I came out of the shower and looked at my phone.

In Instagram I searched for layla's account and saw it. She had posted an amazing picture of hers. I zoomed in on it. I couldn't help but run my hands through her face on the screen wishing it was her in front of me instead of this virtual picture.

My doorbell rang and I went to open the door. I saw layla standing in front of me.

'Your breakfast.' she said handing me over a plate and smiling at me. I smiled at her and said, 'You know what, today is a Sunday and I have my day off, why don't ee have breakfast together at your place.' I said.

She looked surprised but then smiled and said, 'Okay. No problem. Let's have breakfast.' she said.

We both went to her apartment and she fixed a breakfast for herself. 'Fruits will go better with this.' she said and went to the kitchen to get some fruits. She came and started cutting them for both of us.

I couldn't stop staring at her. She looked divine today. She had her hair in a messy bun and a few loose strands here and there. Everything about her looked perfect. The best were eyes. They had such a sparkle in them and glowed so perfectly. I could spend an eternity staring into them listening to her talk.

She smiled and served me the fruits and started eating her own breakfast. I was eating and the food was so good. It was perfect. Just like her. We talked our usual useless talk but still, time seemed to pass too quickly with her. No matter how slowly I tried to eat my breakfast it finished quickly and I knew i had to leave, away from her.

'There is no need for a lunch. I am going to meet Caleb so we will have lunch together' . I told her and she nodded.

I went home and tried to do a little bit of work from home. I had to force myself to concentrate because thoughts about layla flooded my mind.

In the afternoon I got ready to go meet Caleb. I went towards the elevator but not before looking at layla's closed door and wondering what will she be doing right now?

I drove my car and went to the usual place where me and Caleb would meet each other.

It was nice to meet him after such a long time. We both hugged, talked a lot, mostly about dad. We had our lunch along with that. Then we went to chill in the lounge. This restaurant was owned by him so we had no problem.By the time we knew it was evening.

'One drink and then we will leave.' He suggested. I nodded at him. He ordered his drink but when I was about to order mine my mind went back to what layla had once said, 'I don't really prefer alcohol. Like sometimes, very few times it's okay but not really.' she said. I suddenly stopped, 'I don't really want a drink right now, I aldready had last week.' I said. Caleb looked at me in surprise but just raised his eyebrows.

We continued talking when one of the chicks started approaching me. I tried to ignore her but she wouldn't budge. 'I am not interested ma'am. Please leave.' I said firmly. She looked angry and left.

I looked up at Caleb to see him staring at me questionably. 'What happened?' I asked him. 'Nothing, it's just that whenever you would come over here you would leave with a girl. For the past two months all you have done is ignore them. You go straight at home instead of going to bars or anywhere else. You eat a lunchbox at work! Where is your mind buddy?!' he asked me.

'Nowhere, okay, leave me alone.' I said and my phone buzzed suddenly. I opened it to see it was a message from layla. I instantly smile. It said, 'Really sorry to disturb you but are you allergic to peanuts, I am using peanut oil today.' she is so adorable.

'No, I am not allergic to anything.' I replied. 'Who are you smiling for?' Caleb asked me taking me out of my happy bubble. Idiot was raising his eyebrows again with a smirk on his face.

'Layla, right? I knew it.' He said triumphantly. 'Shut up dude. We are.....' I started saying. 'Still just friends, when are you going to tell her how you feel?' he said.

'If you go ahead and keep saying that you don't feel anything towards her then be it. Someone else will just take her.' He went on. 'Think about it dude. Layla, in a beautiful white dress, walking down the aisle towards another man, kissing another man, starting a family with another man, and you being her man of honour as her best friend.' He said while laughing.

'Shut up, that is not going to happen.' I said frustrated. The thought of seeing layla kissing..... Shit.

'Then if you don't want it to happen then tell her dude. Don't let her go away. She is your once in a lifetime girl. Besides that I also know how much aunt and uncle like her as well. She is your perfect fit. She made you smile while texting, I have never been able to do that as well.' He said.

'I think it's getting pretty late. I should leave.' I said. 'Yeah, you want to meet layla and have dinner with her, I understand.' He said laughing again.

I just shook my head and got up telling him I will meet him again next week. I went into the parking lot and when I sat in my car instead of driving I just sat there and thought.

Instead of layla walking towards another man I imagined her walking towards me down the aisle, in a beautiful white dress, I imagines us as a couple, us having kids, suddenly thoughts of what life would be like with her flooded in my mind. It all seemed blissful to say the least.

I sighed and started driving my car. I reached my penthouse and opened my door. Closing it I went and sat on the couch waiting for the clock to strike at eight.

Right at eight pm the doorbell rang and layla stood in front of me saying in her sweet voice, 'The dinner is ready.'

Layla. I think I have fallen for you. No, I have fallen for you.