Step Down

"Ahm, before that, there's someone that I want you to meet." Said Gulf, he looked at everyone before he continued. "He's outside, I'll call him. Wait for a moment." Gulf trudged going back to the main door. He slightly opened the door, just small enough for him to see the person behind it.

After calling Mew whom he wanted them to meet, Gulf looked at his and Mew's family who's anticipating to see the person he called from the outside. Not knowing what kind of reaction would they receive after Mew showed up, Gulf felt nervous as the older. The main door slowly and swiftly swung opened followed by Mew who took steps and entered the house with his head hanged low.

As soon as he got inside, he lifted his head and saw lots of faces that he hasn't seen for a year. He saw his mother, father, his younger sister, Gulf's parents and older sister as well as his friends who picked him up at the train station.

Once Mew got inside the house and faced them, all eyes were on him and everyone turned silent. The surprise has silenced everyone. They all widened their eyes and were speechless. Mew, who was known to be dead, was standing right in front of them. It's unbelievable. Gulf's mom let out an inaudible gasp at the sight of Mew then she glanced at her husband who had the same reaction as her.

Meanwhile, Mew's father slowly pulled himself up from his seat while his eyes were on his son. Seeing his brother alive, Jom's tears gathered in her eyes, she became weak, but thankfully, Grace was there to hold her.

Mew stared at everyone for a while as he looked at each of their reaction after seeing him before he locked his eyes with his mother. "Mom..."

Looking at her son standing in front of her, she suddenly recalled her memories when she was bearing Mew. She was scared to get pregnant at that time because of some difficulties. But Mew was given to her. Despite of having difficulties in pregnancy, she took a risk and happily welcomed Mew in their family.

She took good care of her children, and gave them everything as they grow old. Together with her husband, they were both strict to their children, especially to Mew because he's the oldest and the only son of the family. So when Mew reportedly died in an accident, her whole world fell apart. She was devastated. Everynight, she always visits her son's room, looking at Mew's figure collection and other stuff owned by him.

Every mother who experienced losing a child, would definitely understand how she felt. It wasn't easy. That's why she understood how Gulf felt since they were both experiencing the same pain. But the pain that she was carrying for a year started to ease when she saw her son in front of her and even called her. With her trembling arms and legs and with every ounce of her strength, she bravely stepped closer to her son. She extended her arms and reached for her son's face, placing both of her palms on Mew's cheeks.

As soon as her palms were on Mew'cheeks, her legs became totally weak and she almost dropped herself on the floor. But Mew and Gulf's friends were quick to hold her and assist her.

"Mom!"

"I-I'm fine." She reassured them before they slowly withdraw their hands from her. Then she looked at her son once again and placed her palms back on Mew's cheeks.

"Mom..." Mew muttered once again with his shaky voice. Feeling his mother's touch, Mew's tears started to form in his eyes.

"M-Mew? You're Mew, right? You're my son?" She asked, trying to confirm if the person standing in front of her was really her son. While Mew kept on nodding his head at his mother's question.

Confirming that's it's really her son, her tears came down like a waterfall. She immediately clasped Mew in her arms, holding him in her warm embrace as she cried so hard. "My son..."