Chapter 18 - "Retrieving The Stolen"

Start from the beginning

"Tsk, The answer for that is no. If your jealous then go over to Jun and cuddle with him if you want." Wonwoo mocked.

Minghao turn his head to Jun who was wiggling his eyebrows teasingly making Wonwoo bursts out of laughter.

Minghao scrunches up his nose which made Jun's hear flutter. The older thought the small expression was cute.

"I'd rather not." Minghao back fired making Jun's face fell, leaving Wonwoo to non-stop laughing.

"Well that escalated quickly." Soonyoung laughed.

The boys are now fully awake, except for one...

The white mouse sprinted it's way to the boys, specifically the one who was still asleep and bit him earning a loud scream.

"AHHH!"

The room is filled with laughter and a sulking ghoul.

"I swear, that mouse just screams hatred towards me." Mingyu pouted.

_ _ _

They are all now sitting in the long table again with the mad hatter in the middle, sipping his morning tea.

Of course, Seungcheol wasn't found of it. He wondered why the hatter made them wake up so early.

"I don't get why you need to wake us up at 5:45." Seungcheol grumply mumbled.

"Well...  I think it will be better if I did..." He placed down his tea cup politely and grinned. "Beside, don't you guys want to train? You might have to battle a few shadow creatures on the way there."

"Shadow Creatures?" Wonwoo lifted up his glasses which Mingyu found interesting. "You mean 'Shadow Beasts'? Their the great slaves of the witch... They say the used to be souls of humans that have been forgotten by their families after death."

"Uhh yeah! What he said!"The mad hatter nervously laughs. "I have little knowledge about the witch... But I do know what can help you defeat those beasts."

Their heads bolted up, the words of the hatter caught their attention. Well, except for one...

Chan:

I have a bad feeling... A really bad feeling...

All this time I could feel like someone was following us. I thought I was just being paraboid since I'm in a worl I have no clue about. But this time... This uneasy feeling felt more stronger.

Should I tell Seungcheol hyung? Jeonghan? Ugh! I dont know... I think i'll only make the matters worse!

_ _ _

"First... I suggest you would have a sword with you. Do you guys have one? Each of your own of course."

The boys looked at each other and shook their heads in unsion. Seungcheol mentally face palmed himself for not even thinking about bring some equipment for battle.

"Well that's what were going to do today! We're going to prepare equipment for the 14 of you-" The mad hatter stops once he laid eyes on Chan. The younger looked a little uneasy once the hatter's eyes squinted at him. "Is that a human?"

Jeonghan looked at Chan and hesitantly shook his head.

Weird. The hatter thought.

"Anywho! Once you got yout weapons of your choice! I suggest you slash one of the shadow beast right in the heart. That could kill them quickly than the speed of lightning." The hatter stated with the small mouse nodding along.

"Now! Does any of you know how to smith? Or to make the weapons to be exact."

The boys looked at each other and back to the mad hatter who was smiling innocently like a child.

"Well... Almost all of us can. Though, we don't have any materials for it... If we gather some last minute... I don't think we will be able to reach the witch' cottage exactly before 12 o' clock." Jeonghan explained.

"Why worry my boys! I have plenty of materials at the back of the windmill! I would gladly gives those to you since you all are the descendants of the gifted after all!" He beamed with delight.

Jun's eyes widen as he bolted up from his chair and slammed his hands on the table making the other startled.

"How did you-"

"How do I know? Well of course! I am the great mad hatter after all. I may look like just a regular crazy guy but I have a lot of things up my sleeve." He mischievously grinned and slidded his big hat to the side. "But of course, I have good intentions. I may or may not know some secrets this world holds." He teased.

The boys just nervously laugh, except for Soonyoung, of course. The boys wouldn't even question how their blood line even works.

"Alrighty! Let's get started! Shall we?" The mad hatter stood up cheerfully.

The boys eagerly nodded. After all, they wouldn't want to invade the great witch of the waste with out any weapons or preparations.

As the boys were following the mad hatter to the back of the windmill where there were a bunch of junk found. One stayed and stood there, quietly with plenty of thoughs in his head.

Once the clock strikes exactly 12 o' clock. We will retrieve what was stolen.

And get more answers about my past.