Amelia ....me and Noah's grandma wants both of you to get marry .....this is my last wish ....promise me you will marry him .....he will take care of you after me grammy said.

What are saying, grandma! You are not going anywhere I cried.

Promise me she said.

Grammy I promise I replied with a hoarse voice.

Noah promises me you will take care of her she asked.

I promise he replied.

Because of me and my grammy, Noah has to agree to this. I don't want to be a burden to him. He deserves to be with someone who he loves, not me who is just his friend and employee.

Suddenly she started gasping for breathing.

Doctor I yelled.
.
.
.
.
Doctor and nurses rushed into the room and started operating on her.

You need to get out of the room nurse said to us.

Amelia let's go Noah said.

No, I want to be with her I cried.

No, they are operating on her, we will wait outside he said.
.
.
.
.
The door opened and the doctor started walking towards us.

How is she? I asked.

She is no more he replied.

What ?? A lone tear escaped from eyes. No this can't happen. Yesterday she was so happy and full of life. She was my only family. Now I am alone. She was a great person. I wish she could have lived a little longer. She wanted me to see marry and have children. I know one day she will leave me but its too soon.

Suddenly all the memories started coming into my mind. Me and grandma going to the park holding each other hands. When I was small she will tuck me into the bed and kiss my forehead. Still, whenever I used to sleep at home she used to do it.

No this can't happen I cried. Noah embraced me in a warm hug.

Shh... Don't worry I am with you...I won't leave you alone he whispered. I know he is saying this because of my grammy.

I want to see her the last time I said to Noah.

He nodded at me.

There she was lying lifeless on the bed. She still has a small smile left on her face. I hugged her one last time. Why did you leave me alone? I cried. I don't know how long I was holding her.

Let's go Noah said to me.

No, I don't want to leave her alone I said.

Amelia let's go she is no more Noah said in a sad voice.

Umm...okay I said with a heavy heart.
.
.
.
.
.
.
On funeral day

I am standing in a black dress that my grandma has gifted me on Christmas last year. I had never thought that I will wear this dress at her funeral.

All of my friends Suzy, Matt, Aiden, Kevin and Damon are here and even Luke I didn't expect him to be here.

People are giving me condolences and I don't even know some people.

Noah is standing beside me holding my hand. He hasn't left me alone after Grammy's death.

Sometimes life takes unexpected turns in life. You can't even imagine what the future holds for you.

Are you okay? Noah asked me.

Yeah !! Little better I tried to give him a small smile but failed.
.
.
.
.
Amelia my child Noah's grandma said hugging me.

Grandma, I whispered with tears in my eyes. She reminds me of my grandma.

You are not alone Amelia, I and Noah are with you she said with a small smile on her face.

I nodded at her.

Noah's pov

My Amelia is in so much pain

My Amelia is in so much pain. She has lost her grandma. She is trying to be strong in front of me but deep down I know she is crumbling inside. I will do my best to comfort her. When her grandma asked her to marry me , I felt happy and sad at the same time because she was on her death bed.

I wanted to propose her for marriage in future but fate has its own plan. I will take care of her forever.

Sorry guys for the late update

Sorry guys for the late update. I know its very late . But I was very busy.

Hope you guys liked this chapter 💜💜💜