Chapter 7-If you ask me, I'm ready🌜🌙

"Let's go inside, and get something to eat, Izzy. These people have amazing, authentic Jamaican cuisine"

Michael said, avoiding my suggestion of going back to my place.

I crossed my arms in an annoyed gesture, and sighed while looking up at him with puppy eyes.

" I'm not hungry..."

Michael stared blankly for a moment, but then his eyes grew tender. He licked his lips before speaking.

" Izzy, please. You took a Xanax, then had a few drinks, probably on an empty stomach. It would make me feel so much better if you ate something."

I grew quiet, and just stared at him with admiration. It's so cute to know that he actually cares. That made me feel all warm inside. He stared back, waiting for me to respond.

" Why are you avoiding my suggestion?" I finally asked, bluntly. I'm being very straightforward right now, because Michael started something when he kissed me. I'm burning for him, and want him to put out this fire within me. It's not like me to be this aggressive.

Michael chuckled, lightly while rubbing the back of his neck, nervously.

" Izzy, I'm not avoiding your suggestion."

" Yes you are."

" I'm n...." he then hesitated for a moment, and took a step closer to me, briefly thinking of what to say before continuing to speak.

" Ok, look, I really like you. I want things to be different this time around". he said softly.

" Different like what?" I asked curiously raising a brow.

" I don't want you thinking that I'm only in it for sex or for the strong physical attraction that I feel towards you. I think we should go slow." He then Took another step closer , and placed his finger tips onto my cheek, and caressed it. My stare softened, as I felt myself become weakened by his touch. His eyes traveled through out my face, lovingly.

" You are such a beautiful woman, Izzy. Trust me, I want you so bad." He said in a soft spoken tone. I blushed, and bit my lip feeling myself throb again down below.

" But I want your heart first" he added. I smiled and gave him a loving glance. No one has ever said that to me before. Men always just try to get in my pants, immediately. Thats what I'm used to;Michael is different.

"I promised you I'd be a gentleman tonight, and I will keep that promise, because you are such a special girl. I don't want to ruin this good thing we've got going."

Even though I felt a little rejected, I respected his decision. It only showed me that he is an honest, and respectful man. Any other guy would have jumped at the chance, but he fought the urge. It shows character. It shows that he wants more out of this than lust, and passion, and it is so reassuring. This is truly refreshing for me, and I'm liking this a lot. Even though I really don't want him to be a gentleman right now.

I gave him a half smile, and he smiled back at me, sweetly. The passion between us still lingered in the air. My body was still calling for him, and it's going to take so much to just shake this feeling off.

" Let's go get something to eat, please."

I nodded, and we went inside to get food. We were going to get it to go, but decided to sit at the table, and eat. He was absolutely right about this food. It is so delicious! I went with the curry chicken, and white rice, and Michael went with the curry goat. I usually don't eat heavy this time of night, but I did need to put some food in my system. Maybe this will help me wake from this euphoric daze that I'm still in. We both fed each other from our plates, allowing one another to taste the food. It was really cute, and nice. The tension was still there. I couldn't help but watch his mouth each time that he took a bite, and I caught Michael doing the same with me. I've never felt such sexual chemistry this strongly before with anyone. It's a bit scary. I'm glad that Michael doesn't want this to only be based on just physical attraction. I don't want it to be that way either. We have potential of developing something beautiful, and strong. We both are able to open up together about the deepest things, like when I told him about Jermyn, and what he said about his dad. He helped me with my panic attack today. I feel so connected to him somehow because of that, and I'm feeling myself starting to get attached.